Chapter 2

Our heavy uneven breathing moved in sync as I looked into his deep brown eyes. I stood up dusting myself off while offering him a hand up he took it with a small smile on his face.

I took a glance around the area we were in and took a look at everyone by now everybody was out of their chains, ropes, chairs, and etc. We were all just taking it in I guess there was no time for the introduction. It all happened so quickly I had to get my mind straight. I'm here to win I keep reminding myself but I just can't help but feel what I'm not supposed to feel. As if on cue he spoke up.

"Hey I'm Jalen, Jalen Carter."

His voice was raspy and the words he spoke came out his mouth ever so smoothly.

"Mahogany." We were all sitting either on the beds or the floor kind of in our own worlds. We were all trying to get our thoughts together as we sat and looked around. The smart ones are probably planning right now.

"We should stick together."

I raised my eyebrow intrigued on what he was saying.

"You see right now everyone is planning on what they want who they want and how they're getting out. You are a threat now. You saved them and basically put them in place. They envy of you."

I have him the look to continue.

" I have no reason to dislike you but they do I'm just saying we should team up before you team up with them and they go against you."

He definitely had my attention there but my instincts to trust no one came back to me.

"I'll consider it."