FOREWORD

Gone Home is definitely one of the strangest fan fictions I've ever written. Given that I normally write action-horror shooters with monsters and lots of blood, death, and gore, Gone Home is about as far removed from that as you can get.

I really like this game. I first heard about it in 2015, and even ended up with a copy over Steam. Except...I couldn't run it. Not sure why, the system requirements weren't that strenuous. But regardless, I couldn't play it.

And then, one day in January of 2016, I suddenly realized that Gone Home had been made available for the Xbox One. It was already pretty late, around 2AM, by then, but I decided immediately that I had to grab it. So I did, spending the 20 bucks and downloading it. I played it until I was too tired to continue, then got up the next day and immediately got back to it.

It's a great game. It's short, to be sure, but definitely very good. It's got that '90s nostalgia, it's got a fantastic nighttime atmosphere, a great soundtrack. There's a lot to like about it. So, in mid-2016 I decided I wanted to novelize it. I ended up starting up a second account as an experiment and posted it there.

It didn't get hardly any attention and I ultimately decided that the account was a failed experiment. So I abandoned the project. But I still had a completed novelization of Gone Home, and I'd had a lot of fun writing it.

So I figured, why not? And here it is. I hope you enjoy it.