4

+Firkle's Pov.+

Oh my god. I'm actually doing this....

I pull out my phone for the fifth time and checked the time. He told me to meet after school, but I became paranoid that I would get to his house before he did. I can't take that kind of embarrassment, so I wasted some time at school before walking to his house.

It's about 4:30pm now, and my heart beats faster and faster every step I take. Every time my thoughts trail to a bad situation, I begin hyperventilating.

I sigh and rub my temples.

I'm going to throw up....

Ring Ring....

Ring Ring....

I freeze in place when I hear my phone, panicking to myself.

Is that Ike? Is he mad that I'm late? Does he not want me to come anymore?

I shakily sift through my pocket before pulling it out, holding my breath as I take a look at the contact name.

     Incoming call from...
          Petey

I let out the most relieving sigh of my life. My heartbeat slowed back down and I answers the call.

          "Hey Pete."

          "Hey Firkle, Michael and I are going to Tweek Bros. to write and drink coffee. You wanna come?"

          I sighed and shook my head.

          "Did you have to plan that today? I thought we established yesterday that I was going to a tutoring." He chuckles at me.

          "No, you established that. And why can't you tell us about it, or at least tell me about it!" He ranted. I sigh and gaze up, looking at the fluffy clouds in the sky. Eww.

          "I can assure you I won't hide it forever," I reassure him, noticing Ike's house in the distance. "But I can't talk about it at the moment."

          "I-ke! C'mon!" Pete whines. I roll my eyes, now approaching the house.

          "I have to go," I tell him, taking a good look at the house.

          "Fine, but I'm going to call you later and you have to talk to me Firkle," he scolds.

          "Maybe, bye." I hang up just as I reach the steps of the house. I shove my phone in my back pocket and re-adjust my satchel strap as I hop up the steps.

I stop on the step, staring at the door I front of me. My anxiety begins to fall in again and heavy breaths start to escape my mouth.

"I-I'm okay....I'm...." I attempt to calm myself down, taking in deep breaths. I closed m eyes and thought happy thoughts. "Spiders, bats....haunted houses...."

I stand stiffly and brush my hair out of my face before raising my shaky hand to the doorbell.

"M-Michael's fluffy hair...."

I was barely a centimeter away from the doorbell when the door in front of me flung open.

          I yelp and jump back, causing my bangs to fall back in my face. In the doorway is a tired teen with a green ushanka hat on.