XX

"Your Auntie Emilia is coming to the farm tomorrow. Go with me, Hijo. Your Dad can't make it"

"Mom, just thinking of traveling on a Sunday already makes me tired!"

"Come on, Hijo. You know your poor mother will be travelling alone, what if I trip or something? Don't you want to look after your mother?"

"Mom, don't use that. There's no way that you're going to make me feel guilty of not going" Richard said while rolling in his parents bed

Rose sat on the bed, her back on the tufted headboard.

"I still vividly remember the day I was about to give birth to you. People thought I was carrying twins because it was bigger than my other pregnancies. You know your father rushed us to the hospital, I laboured for almost 18 hours..."

"Alright, Alright! Mom, you don't have to repeat that story again! You've told me a hundred times! I am going with you tomorrow, I will be your companion tomorrow."

"Okay!" Rose replied and walked out immediately out of the bedroom, smiling.

***

It was 5 in the morning when Richard was walking in their driveway, half asleep when he bumped into someone, or he thinks it's someone. 

"You!" "You!" both of them said at the same time

"What are you doing here?" "What are you doing here?"

"Your mom said that she didn't feel like travelling alone, that she wanted some company, needed some company, so here I am!"

"My mother almost said the same thing to me along with some other things to make me feel guilty!"

"Kids, stop these petty quarrels. Come on, get into the car. Hurry up, Hurry."

The two mainly slept during the ride. They sat next to each other in the back with Mommy Rose saying that Yaya Virgie had to sit next to her.

When the two started to doze off, Maine on Richard's shoulder and hugging his waist, Richard on top of Maine's head and his arms around her shoulder, Rose was trying to get a photo. She tried twisting her body so that she could find a good shot, but no, not that good. She asked Johnny to slow down, she then kneeled on the seat facing the two and took a photo. 

"Perfect!" She said softly

Yaya Virgie stared at her and she replied, "Para sa future album ito ng mga apo ko, ipapakita ko sa kanila na ganito ka-sweet yung mga magulang nila."

"Johnny okay na. Pwede mo na bilisan ang pag-drive"

Richard's nanny just chuckled.

***

They finally arrived, as they were walking into the house, Dei saw a tall guy, who looked like a young Chris Pine but with brown eyes. He's quite cute and tall, too. I wonder who he is, Dei said to herself.

Dei was getting impatient so she poked Richard, who was busy checking his work emails on his phone. 

"RJ, RJ", Dei said with a weak voice and poked Richard a few times.

He was now showing signs of irritation. "Dei, wait, I just need to check some things for work."

Dei stopped for a few minutes, then Richard could hear her fidgeting. He looks at her, she stops. And starts fidgeting again. It was like Richard was standing next to a 3-year old. 

She poked Richard again, this time he looked at her, "What?"

"Who's that cutie pie there?" and she pointed to where the guy was. Richard looks to the direction she was pointing to.