Three - Fancy A Date?

A few weeks had passed since you last saw Brian, the pair of you had been texting back and forth non-stop, trying to arrange a time to meet up again. It was a challenge, seeing as he was busy with his work, and you were busy with yours. Finally, you were both able to meet at Comic Sans on the Friday of that week.

You woke up that morning, the excitement to see Brian again practically killing you. You had just hoped that your work day would go quickly, so that you could come home and get ready for the evening that lied ahead. As you were walking to work, you sent Brian a quick text, just to make sure that he wasn't going to bail out.

You: Hey! Are we still on for our geek out session tonight?

Within a matter of seconds, Brian had sent through a reply. Either you had caught him at a good time, or he saw that it was you and wanted you to know that he was excited for tonight as well.

Brian: Definitely! I'll see you there at 6, cutie :)

Your heart fluttered at the use of his name for you. No man had ever made you feel the way that Brian Quinn had. He was so rugged and handsome, his appearance conflicting with his sweet and caring personality. You slipped your phone away, as you entered your office building for another day of work. It seemed as though the more you'd look at the clock, the slower the day would go. You were eager to get away and prepare for tonight, but it seemed that the universe of time had other plans. Finally, at 5pm, you were able to leave. You hurried out of the building, running home so you could get ready.

As soon as you entered your apartment, you sprinted to the bathroom, and hopped into the shower. You scrubbed yourself clean, making sure that you smelt of roses, before exiting the shower. A towel was wrapped around your body, as you walked into the bedroom, searching for a nice outfit to wear. After what seemed like forever, you decided on a smart but casual attire. You wore a pair of black skinny jeans, with an oversized sweatshirt with a [F/Band] graphic on the front. By the time you needed to leave, your hair had dried, leaving it in a natural style. You slipped your sneakers on, before making your way out of the front door, starting your journey to the store.

The time was 5:58pm, when you arrived outside the front. You held your hands up to your eyes, peering through the window, to find Brian was already there. He was dressed in his dark blue jeans that sat comfortably on his hips, alongside a plain black tee and denim jacket. His facial hair had grown out once again, looking exactly like he had done the first time you met. He was skimming through a comic, before he looked up, instantly noticing you. He smiled brightly, as you both walked to the door. He pulled the handle, letting you through, before greeting you with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Promise I won't hit you with the door this time." He chuckled, as he wrapped an arm around your shoulder, and walked you over to the corner of the store into the Star Wars section. Your cheeks blushed, his strong grip on your shoulder instantly making you feel protected. Brian looked through the selection, before pulling out a copy. He gasped excitedly, as he flicked through the pages. You looked at him, taking in his innocence, as though he was a child again. His chocolate eyes would light up, the smile that you adored spreading across his face. "This one is my favourite, I love how Vader just blurts out that he's Luke's father."

"Me too, but please don't tell me you're a prequel fan." You chuckled. Brian looked at you, his face looking worried, before he broke out into a laugh. He playfully slapped your arm, as he shook his head.

"I know its Star Wars, so I should automatically love it...but they're just so..." He trailed off, as he tried to find a word that best fit his sentence.

"Shit?" You finished for him, as he nodded in agreement. The two of you continued your way around the store, picking up a couple of comics that you wanted to buy, before making your way to the counter. Jim gave you a teasing smile, as he scanned the items. Brian was busy looking at Superman merchandise behind you, as Jim flitted his eyes between the two of you, playfully smirking at you. You shook your head, giggling slightly, ignoring his teasing. You paid for your items, before following Brian out of the store. Both of you stood outside, a comfortable silence between you. Brian let out an exhale, before suggesting where to go next.