Chapter 13: Catching Feelings

GABIS POV

I woke up to see Bear next to me in his bed once again. This has happened way too many times.

I grabbed my phone and saw I had a missed call from Niki. I slipped into the hallway and called her back.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know we have to leave by one." She reminded me.

My stomach immediately dropped. We leave today, I totally forgot. This week has gone by so fast and has been filled with so much fun. I don't want to go back.

"Oh yeah. I can't believe it's already time to leave, it feels like we just got here. I'll leave here soon then." I sighed.

"Alright, see you soon." Then she hung up.

"You leave today?" Bear said from behind me, startling me.

"Yeah. I actually leave soon so I need to get going." I said in a small sad tone.

"Alright, let me take you home then." He said dully.

After an weirdly quiet drive we arrived at my hotel.

"Well, thank you for everything. It's been a lot of fun." I said awkwardly.

He nodded without even looking at me and unlocked the doors, signaling for me to get out.

I gave him a look of hurt and confusion, but when he didn't acknowledge me I took the hint and got out.

"Gabi!" I heard him call out to me, giving me my reassurance back.

I turned back to face him with hope in my eyes that he'd say something romantic or some corny bullshit, but no. What was I expecting from Blackbear?

"Uh can you post to promote the video?" He aaid awkwardly.

"Sure." I sighed a sigh of disappointment and walked to the entrance of the hotel and looked back at him and watched him drive away.

Why would he just leave like that?

I walked up to our room and slide my key into the door and proceeded into the room.

"Hey, that was quick." Niki said as she was packing stuff into her suitcase.

I ignored her and walked into my room.

I began throwing everything into my bag angrily. I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I wouldn't let them fall. I was expecting him to end up doing something like this so why am I reacting this way?

"What happened?" Niki asked cautiously as she stood in my door watching me shove things into my bag.

"Nothing." I said as I zipped up my bag and walked past her.

"Obviously something. Are you okay?" She pryed.

"Can we just go?" I asked as my voice cracked due to holding in my tears.

She just nodded, grabbed her bags and keys, and we left.

The car ride home was quiet, just the low hum of music playing. I rested my forehead against the cool window and just watched as we drove out of the city, grateful to be returning to my normal life without Blackbear in it.