~ Introduction ~

It began innocently enough. A twelve year old girl who's father had been forced to drag along to his important business meeting. He had apologised endlessly to the Earl, but although the girl had insisted on staying in the room, she had been well enough behaved to make any apology unjustified. That girl was you. And this was the day that, much to your ignorance, was to change your life for the worst.

        The Earl in question was Lord Ciel Phantomhive. Head, (and only member) of the Phantomhive family, and owner of the Funtom Toys and Confectionary company. When you'd first visited the Manor, he didn't seem to pay all that much attention to you at all, and when he did he treated you like a burden, acting as if he were far older than the mere one year age gap between the two of you. Now he was 19, and you, as you expected, were 18. Though you never thought you'd be spending your 18th birthday underneath the house of a noble. Not that you knew it was your birthday. Not that you cared anymore. I suppose you're curious as to how you got here. Let's recap.

        After your first visit, your father had brought home a foul air to the house, certain that the meeting with the Earl had gone terribly, so you can imagine his surprise when a letter addressed to him had been the young Lord inviting him back for negotiations and general discussion. Naturally he'd taken up the offer almost before he even read the last sentence. However, your mother had fallen sick a while ago, so now you went everywhere with your father. You weren't as happy as he was about the offer. Nor should you have been.