An Unlucky Start

I've always heard about it since I was a child. The school for the best of the best, for privileged teenagers that have been gifted with fabulous talent. It's said that if you graduate from this legendary school you are set for life. Everyone dreams of having talent. If they don't possess talent, they have a child and hope that the child will possess talent. Thus begins to endless cycle of disappointment and despair for those of us that are just completely normal. For those unworthy of Hope's Peak Academy.

I never thought much about the school, cause how could a kid like me get in? Someone that's hated by both life and talent. Someone that is gifted at nothing. Someone who is below average and hated by all. How could someone like that ever even dream of attending Hope's Peak Academy? I accepted that reality and quickly began trying to live a life I could be proud of. But, an unnatural force of some kind decided to get in my way. Every time life begins to go my way, tragedy strikes and my hope shatters like broken glass. I am the living proof that Murphy's Law is real. All my pencils break as soon as I begin writing. My pets die from rare and deadly diseases. I stepped on a crack and then my mother got hit by a  car, which broke her back and paralyzed her. Everyone avoids me like the plague. They've even given me a nickname, Black Cat. When I was a child I would cry and wonder why theses terrible things would happen to me. I'd wonder what I did wrong to deserve this cruel life. But then I realized the truth.

Life isn't fair. Life favors those that are born with everything. That are born with talent, born to be hope. If you aren't one of them, life won't show you any mercy. 

Once I accepted that truth, accepted what my role in life would be, only then was I able to move forward in life. I understood that I wouldn't accomplish anything in life. I realized that my "curse" would be with me forever. Yet, I also realized that I have to keep moving forward. Despite  living in a world that was automatically against me, I had to move forward so I could live a life worth living. Instead of crying when my bad luck struck, I shrugged it off and kept on moving. Most people in my situation would already be dead. But, (Y/N) (L/N) doesn't die easy. 

It's because of this determination that I received that letter. That letter I got about 2 months ago ended up changing my whole life.

It had been a regular day for me. My local high school starts about 2 weeks before most schools do. While I was walking to school, it began to rain heavily. My umbrella had broken the week before and my backpack was sadly not water proof. When I tried to run, I ended up slipping and falling, scraping my knee. I had to limp my way to school, getting soaked by the rain along the way. Due to the rain, all my homework and notebooks had been badly damaged. I always keep some extra notebooks in my locker and my teachers have gotten used to my homework being destroyed or missing. They usually give me some credit as long as I show them the damage homework. As I went through my classes, the usual events took place. My desks broke, pencils snapped in half, pens exploded and sudden gusts of blew my papers out the window. This was actually good compared to some other days. 

As always, I was avoided by my fellow students. They stayed as far away from me as possible within the classroom. I get a verity of glares and rude comments thrown at me every single day, but that's to be expected. I often encouraged people to keep their distance, for their own safety. I would hate myself if I ever got one of them hurt. They all seemed pretty upset, most likely do to the recent reveal that a boy named, Nagito Komaeda, was just named the Ultimate Lucky Student, ruining everyone's hope of getting into Hope's Peak by pure luck.

Once school ended, I began to make my way back home. Of course I managed to step in some dog shit along the way, but things like that are to be expected. As well as tripping and falling into a mud puddle and bird poop falling on your shoulder. I'm was just happy this all happened when I was heading home.