Chapter 14- Ready, Set, Shoot.

It took a day to find the gang. A day. No more, no less. A day.

   They were very obvious to find. The ring leader of the gang was dragging around two other people, guardsmen if you will, and they were dragging around zombies on rope. It was idiocy in its finest.

   Souda had recognized the ringleader as some big guy towards the top of the gang, but I... I had felt some familiarity when I first saw him. I didn't say I did however. "So... we charge in and demand answers to where they have Sonia like planned? Or do we shoot the zombies then go in?" Kiibo asked, breaking my concentration from watching the idiots.

   "Erm... How's about... I go in first and see if I can talk it out!" I volunteered, not wanting to cause a big commotion. We didn't have a good idea of off they had back up and if I got caught I had my ace up my sleeve, aka the infection.

"No. That's stupid. We shoot the zombies then confront em." Fuyuhiko said. I sighed as Saihara and Fuyuhiko go into a good position. "Sheesh... are you guys sure this is a good idea?" I questioned.

Fuyuhiko looked at me, narrowing his eye. "We all agreed on this plan earlier and frankly, we don't have time to argue about this. You should've talked about this earlier." He said, annoyed.

  "I'm just saying, now that we see the enemy, we could try and figure out what a better plan of action would be!" I said, chickening out of the original plan. Kiibo frowned. "Ouma the likelihood of this plan being a failure is less than 10%. We have the upper hand with me, and four other people. If something goes wrong we can run." Kiibo said, trying to reassure me it would be fine.

  I let out a defeated groan as I watched the trio and zombies getting away. I hesitantly made my choice.

"Fine then. Just fine. 3...2...1.. now!" I shouted, the two shooting. There were loud yells as the two easily took down the five zombies. They moved positions and we walked out of our hiding place, guns trained on the men.

As we got closer it was obvious they weren't too old. Maybe a bit older than us but around our age. I trilled my tongue in excitement, their eyes surprised to see us. "Howdy!" I said, waving at them. They took out their guns and pointed at me. "Aww go for the middle man huh. Sucky move if you ask me." I murmured.

   They seemed to recognize me, and that scared me entirely. They said nothing of it though. The leader spoke. "Why did you follow us." He barked, demanding answers.

  I stretched my arms calmly. "Well we are looking for a certain princess. Her names Sonia Nevermind." I said, looking at them. "S-sir!! They have the e-escaped zombie with them!!!" One of the guards said, pointing to Souda who was cowering behind Kiibo.

   "How are you four not being attacked by the zombie. What secrets do you hold..." The leader questioned. I grinned wildly. "Tell us where Sonia is and I'll give you the answer!~" I purred, making a bargain. He narrowed his eyes.

   "No. We will not give coordinates to our arena and business. It is against code." The leader said. I sighed. "So you're gonna kill us then? Phooey, I thought we could have fun." I said, frowning and resting my head on my hand.

  The mans eyes widened as he looked at my hand. "Y-you're nails... they're black..." He said. "Yeah I was infected a few minutes ago! How's about I infect you before I go full zombie?" I asked, lying through my teeth.

    He didn't seem all that afraid anymore and that scared me. "Ouma Kokichi, once such a great leader, now infected. Oh how the mighty have fallen!" He said, snickering. I drew my gun, my composure lost.

"How the HELL do you know my name because I sure as hell don't know who you are." I snapped, lowering my gaze. The man chuckled and so did his guards. "You really don't remember us? How cliche. Being the Supreme Leader and all would make it seem as if you'd remember anyone from your organization." He said, waving his gun at me.

A sense of dread filled my gut. "No. No I ended DICE and the whole organization was infected there's no damn way any of you survived. You're playing with my head and I don't appreciate that!!!" I yelled, panicking. The man laughed louder this time.

"Aw shucks its so nice to know you cared. Far too late for you now though. You could've been a big part of the team.... but it appears now you're a lowlife zombie and going to turn shortly." He murmured. He made a hand motion and the two guards switched guns and shot them at Fuyuhiko and Souda.

    Tranqs. "KIIBO GET SAIHARA OUT OF HERE!" I shouted, Saihara my main priority. He nodded and hauled up Saihara against his will, running off. No amount of tranqs could take down a robot... Souda and Fuyuhiko collapsed and the tranqs were aimed at me. I backed up slightly.

   "Woah kids, let's not get hasty!" I said, laughing in fear of my situation. The middle man chuckled. "Oh Ouma. It's so sad to see you on your death bed.  I'm sure you'll have fun in the arena." He said as his two friends fired the tranqs.

    I felt one hit my chest, but in the moment I refused to go down without taking someone with me. I tackled one of the guards to the ground and clawed his skin, my heart wrenching for his future. He screamed in panic as my world went out of focus.

    I wish I could tell you what happened next to him, but I would never know. My world faded to black.