XXXIX. A Handshake with a side of Charm

A/N: Please vote :) Might be a while before another update x

~ Harry ~

This was it. The moment I had dreaded the most. It was no surprise that Ariana's home was situated in one of the best neighborhoods in London.

I knew from what I'd learned from listening to Ariana during our project sessions that her mother was the CEO of a company that manufactured and distributed marine communication technology. That meant her family was plenty wealthy, which you wouldn't have assumed just be looking at Ariana.

She didn't wear much designer clothing, in fact I've only seen her once wear something my bank teller would have a heat stroke over and that was what she wore on her first date with Marcel. The image was so clear in my mind, because I remember thinking she was way to beautiful to be the timid Ariana Grande I knew.

But unlike Jace she was unaffected by her wealth. I always thought people like Jace automatically assumed they were better than everyone else because they could pay for the best things, and throw money here and there like it was nothing.

I could tell Ariana was genuine and down to earth, which made me adore her more and more.

As we pulled up into her driveway, I could feel the beads of sweat trickling down my forehead at a more intensified rate, especially when Ariana unlocked her door and stepped out.

"Wait." I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back in. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Do I- Is there like a way I have to greet your mom so she'd like me better or something like- I don't know, never mind. Forget I said anything"

Ariana let out a small laugh and rubbed my arm. "You're adorable when you're nervous Harry. She's like any other mom you'll come across, you don't have to greet her in a special way. Just introduce yourself and I'll take it from there."

"Okay." I breathed. "Okay I'm ready. Let's do this." I kissed her cheek then stepped out of the car myself. I returned to her side and took her hand.

Ariana rang the doorbell, and after three or so chimes the door was opened. "Ariana!" The lady, who I assumed was her mom greeted her with a warm smile. "Hello Gladys, so nice to hear you."

Gladys laughed and ushered us in. "Always a pleasure to hear from you as well Ariana. This must be your company." She was talking about me- oh God.

"Oh yes, Gladys this is Harry. He's the man I've been telling you about." Ariana smiled as she rested her palm on my chest. "Harry, this is Gladys our maid." She gave my chest a light pat as I pulled on a tight smile. Maid. She has a maid.

"She's been with us since I was a little girl, so she's practically like family." Ariana continued.

"Nice to meet you Gladys." I told her politely as she grinned. "Well I better return to dinner. It was very nice meeting you Harry, and it was nice to see you again Ariana. Your mother will be home in a few minutes but your brother is already in the lounge."

"Frankie's here!" I could feel Ariana literally light up with joy at the mention of her brother. "Yes dear." Gladys chuckled, and with that she left.

"Frankie!" Ariana yelled, letting go of me as she went off to find her brother. "Ari is that you?" A voice yelled back. "Yeah it's me!" She yelled.

"Ari!" The voice grew louder as a tall older man came bounding from one of the halls and immediately into Ariana who landed on the floor with a grunt. "Holy shit, Frankie!" She cursed as her brother burst out laughing. "So good to hear you Ariana."