XLVIII. A Little Bit of My Heart

A/N: Vote please :) Important author's note at the end. Enjoy x

~ Ariana ~

            I smiled faintly as I traced my fingers along his jaw. "I love you too Harry." I repeated as I ran the tips of my nails against his wet lips. He'd remained frozen since I first admitted to him my love that belonged to his own and he still hadn't spoken.

            "You do?" he finally asked, his voice merely a whisper as I nodded silently. "I have for a while actually, I was just too afraid to tell you."

            "What were you afraid of?"

            "Rejection." I sighed. "Common fear of most people, however you wouldn't know that. No one could reject you without gaining a few scars." I mildly referenced to his luck with girls, however I also meant the kids who he'd scare into the shadows.

            "On the contrary my love, I was afraid you'd reject me too."

            I chuckled in disbelief. "You were afraid?"

            I was uncertain of his honesty by this point. The man I knew would laugh in the face of fear. In fact he was like monster's inc; he needed the fear to give himself power and energy.

            But oddly enough this was the same man who graced me with a potted centerpiece from a cafe when he asked me to the winter formal.

            Harry's chest rumbled as his laughter filled the room. "For the first time in forever, yes I was afraid. You seem astonished."

            "I just didn't expect you to be afraid. I guess I just thought that maybe you didn't feel the same way." I said.

            "Justifying my thoughts exactly, which is why I didn't say anything. I've been thinking about it for a significant amount of time lately that its reached the point where I could tell you I love you and have it feel like the hundredth time I've spoken it."

            Harry's arm curled around my stomach, inching me closer to him as he sighed deeply. "You're a special one Ariana, I can see it in the way you deal with life like it's a game at a casino. You may have been lead on to believe that I'm not scared of anything or that I don't care about anything, but that is false. I cared for myself, and I cared for my boys. But I care for nobody but you now."

            I laced my fingers with Harry's and smiled into the crevice of his neck.

            "You don't have to be afraid anymore." I reassured him.

            Harry's breathing quickened as he sat up slightly.

            To my surprise his finger lifted my chin up, and once again my lips were met by his- slightly rushed but still full of passion.

            I breathed heavily through my nose as I cupped his cheek with one hand, the other instantly finding its way through his curls to grip tightly at the nape of his neck. His one hand went for my cheek as well, while the other laid harmlessly on my thigh.

            He was careful to not crush me, but his persistence had him pressing himself closer to me with every second that passed. My emotions felt like they had left the building, and the only thing that remained was Harry and I.

            As Harry slipped his tongue through my parted lips, his lifted my leg over his waist which easily let him push his body closer and closer to me.