Chp. 19

Emily Fields couldn't believe just how busy her days had become.

Every single opportunity they got, shoppers would come barging through the doors trying to see any Marin Designs that Emily and Jason would allow.

However, knowing Hanna, they almost constantly kept them covered. After dresses and other styles were released, Emily and Jason put the designs they created on paper up for sale.

In a normal person's mind, one wouldn't expect somebody to care to buy such a thing. But Emily soon began to realize the people of the fashion world were obsessed with anything fashion related that they could get their paws on.

After Jason had pushed them all back from the store, he leaned against the glass doors and took in a deep breath.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

Emily had turned away by now and silently cringed. She knew what he wanted to speak about.

Her.

"What for?" Emily asked.

Jason shrugged and began to pace towards the brunette. "I don't know. We never really spoke about how you felt after things fell apart between you and-,"

"Yeah. I know. And I'd like to keep it that way," Emily said begrudgingly.

The room grew silent as Jason picked up a Paintbrush and began to create an oval outline. "Hanna told me what was said, Emily. I know Alison made you feel worthless."

"Don't say her name Jason. It isn't worth remembering," Emily said quietly.

Jason continued painting as if he hadn't heard a single word his best friend uttered. "You're right. She's not worth it. But in all fairness, I warned you of this."

Emily stopped painting herself and turned to face the long haired blonde man next to her. "Excuse me?"

"Dilaurentis. It's a name that comes with blood. And I told you that you would regret getting involved with them," Jason said.

Emily chucked her paint brush which caused him to jump. "Oh yeah Jason? Then maybe you and I shouldn't be involved. You're a Dilaurentis. And you can run from it all you want, but the blood you claim is so blue and impure runs through your veins too!"

Jason's eyes grew wide and angry. "I am not a Dilaurentis! My name is Jason Smith. I am a street artist who actually works for a living and I don't screw other people over!"

"Well if that's how you REALLY feel about me, maybe I shouldn't be here," a voice from behind them said.

Emily and Jason, who were previously in a standoff, turned abruptly to see the beautiful blonde girl they hadn't seen in four months standing by the front door.

"Alison?" Emily asked, completely and utterly shocked.

Alison smiled. "Hi Emily. Can we talk?"

* * *

Toby Cavanaugh shot as many pictures of squirrels as he could. He found that they refused to sit still for anything and spent most of their time antagonizing him from the trees.

He sat down on a park bench, his camera pressed up against his chest and sighed. The clicking of heels alerted him and he looked up to find Hanna who sat down on the bench next to him.

"Well, hello stranger. I haven't seen you in a while," Toby said.

Hanna smiled at him and leaned in for a hug. "Thank you for meeting up with me. I know you're not usually in New York."