5 - New Student

Chapter 5

Ms. Winston's POV

I didn't really need to use the bathroom, I just wanted to come in her house and look around. As I made my way upstairs, I saw the bathroom but decided to instead check the other rooms. The last door at the end of the hall had a "K" sticker that was blue so I decided to go in there.

Sure enough it was Kimberley's room and it was not what I expected. The walls were light blue and covered in Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Britney Spears, My Chemical Romance, Billy Joel and Marina posters.

I smirked as I noticed that we had some things in common. I walked around the room, looking at pictures and clothes. I turned and saw a picture of her and her friends. She was next to...what's his name? Joseph? Yeah him. I scowled at his face next to hers with his arm around her shoulders. I tried to imagine what it would be like if that was me instead.

I decided that was enough snooping and went back downstairs, only to find Kimberley doing her homework. I decided to stick around and ask if she needed any help. That is, if she let me stay. I sat next to her.

"Whatcha working on?"

"Oh nothing really. Just some information I need to return."

"Anything you need help with?"

"No, not really."

Bummer. "I guess I'll be leaving then. Bye"

"See you tomorrow."

I left her house and returned to my car. I pulled out of the driveway and sighed. Is it possible to love someone you just met?

************************************

Kimberely's POV

As I made my way to 1st period, I bumped into someone and dropped my books. The hallway was pretty crowded so, it was going to happen sooner or later. I could only tell that it was a girl. She shrieked and started flailing her arms.

"Oh my god, You idiot! Look at what you did. This blouse and Starbucks caramel latte macchiato cost more than your books and clothes combined! Watch where you're going next time or it won't be good." She scoffed and strutted away.

Just great, I've already made an enemy. I gathered my books and stood up. Down the hall I saw Ms. Winston glaring at the girl as she walked away. She turned her gaze to me and smiled. I smiled back with a shrug and made my way to class.

As expected, as soon as I sat in my seat, Joseph and Jackie were bombarding me with questions."What happened?" "Who was she?" "What did you do?" "She's such a bitch."

I waited until they were done to say anything.

"One, I bumped into some chick and she spilled her coffee. Two, I don't know who the heck that was and three, none of it was my fault. You already know the halls are crowded. It just happened. They shrugged it off and we proceeded to talk about our night.

I decided to tell them what happened with Ms. Winston at lunch when all of us were at one table. Mr. Travers came in and announced that we would be having a new student in a couple of minutes. He did attendance and minutes later a very good looking guy came in.

He was about 5'9", had brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. I wouldn't say he's not my type because if he was to ask me out, I wouldn't say no.

Mr. Travers stood up to introduce the guy.

"Hey welcome! Class this is Cameron. He will be joining us for the rest of the year." He looked around for an empty seat in the room.

"Ahh right there. You will be sitting in front of Jospeh in that little corner."

Cameron walked to the back where we were sitting and smiled at us. He placed his books down and turned around.

"Hey, would any of you by any chance have a pencil?"

I stared at him with a 'really dude' look.

"It's the first month of school and you already don't have anything to write with?"

"No I do, I just left it in my locker." He flashed a toothy grin at me. I handed him one and he turned back around.

Jackie started hitting my arm and squealing with excitement for some reason.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"Did you not see what just happened?" she whisper-yelled. "I ship it. I ship it so hard. What should your ship name be?Kameron...no Camberely?"

"Woah woah woah, calm down. I don't think Kimberley even likes him. They just met." Joseph said.

"Yeah but I still ship it. I'll just be here, waiting for it to sail."

I chuckled at my friend's weirdness. It just makes me love them more.

******************************

Remember to comment! They really help.