❝planet gguk❞ - yoonkook

for: x
ship: yoonkook
word count: 4507
summary: yoongi was a naive alien, on a mission to earth for his home planet. jeongguk was a hormonal teenager, curious and desperate for any kind of attention he could garner. cue yoongi accidentally landing in jeongguk's bedroom; the wrong place and definitely the wrong time.
________________________

on the planet gloss, 124 year old min yoongi was currently readying himself for his research on earth, prepping his rucksack with the 4 survival necessities he had learnt all about in his training: a three litre bottle of water (for all situations which may arise where a non-toxic liquid could be the solution), a coil of string/rope (the extra strong type - "you never know when you'll need the additional support," the tutor explained), basic rations (consisting of some space peanuts - a delicacy - and lake seaweed), and, most importantly, a translation software. how else would yoongi understand humans in order to research them?

"3 minutes, min. you ready for this?"

a small nod of his head signified a "yes", as yoongi took his last few steps on his home planet for what would be close to 36 hours. a meagre time scale, but more than long enough for yoongi's first mission alone. he had visited earth twice before but only as an extra to make up numbers, so he had to stay permanently attached to his superiors' side, much to both his and jisoo's disappointment, where he never got the opportunity to leave their temporary accommodation (of a coach) to socialise or sightsee.

in the few months since his last trip, the teleportation pads had been through some rigorous testing, the software getting a huge revamp with new features which (truthfully) intrigued yoongi more than it did anyone else. being the eldest of three children, yoongi should have been the first to venture from his own planet, but when his parents found him trying to self-teach in english aged 15, he was banished and put into solitary confinement as punishment. now - fully trained and suited up - he was ready to meet and interact with a human; perhaps multiple, if lucky; and he was excited to say the least.

the buzz of decreasing numbers filled his ears,  a high pitched ringing taking over as the word 'hees' (one, in human numbers) was spoken and his body was catapulted through a field of electricity; the sign of a successful teleportation... well, almost successful.

the computer had the programmed the coordinates 35.1796°n, 129.0756°e - the general vicinity of busan - exactly where the gloss race wanted - however, the teleporter had malfunctioned slightly. the reason for said malfunction, you may ask? quite simply, it was because of yoongi, who had clumsily forgotten to remove his silver anklet, causing a fluctuation with the continuum and therefore altering his end destination. so, instead of teleporting to a greenhouse at the back of a park, yoongi now found himself laying underneath a metal structure, his stomach pressed flat to the floor with small objects littered around him.

the scent he was hit with was something he had never witnessed before; a twang of citrus and musk, but ultimately, the overpowering aroma was sweat. lots and lots of sweat. and oddly, he found it somewhat endearing.

savouring the unique smell, yoongi allowed his eyes to scan the close-by area, his gaze stopping as it met with a balled up sock which definitely didn't smell clean. yoongi's particular race were known for their incredible and animalistic sense of taste and smell, so you can only imagine how overwhelming the concoction of multiple scents were to the century-plus boy. his head began to throb, but he shook it off, knowing his time was limited and precious.