Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Maddie's POV

"Mads, can you go get your brother? He has to start changing for baseball." My mother shouted downstairs from the top of the railing. I groaned because I was in the middle of the new episode of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", but I clumsily got up. I walked at the end of the hall and to my garage, where I heard the swish of a basketball going through the net along with the smell of sweaty boys. I slipped on a pair of sandals and started to walk towards my drive way.

The smell of flowers and the feeling of the crisp air was so refreshing, considering the winter this year was so long and dreadful.

As I continued to walk out my garage, a black cloth rolled up in a ball at the beginning of my drive way caught my eye. I then saw one of my best friends, Harry running around, shirtless. I inferred that it was his shirt and picked it up and laid it on my moms car.

Playing basketball with Harry was my younger brother, Joey and some of my other closest friends, Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn. All five of them say they like hanging out with my brother, but I think they just come over because none of them have a basketball net.

I tried to focus on all of the boys, but it was difficult while Harry's perfectly sculptured torso was uncovered. I stared at him, intensively watching the basketball with his jaw clenched. Slowly, a drop of sweat began to fall from his forehead to his chest. The ball was tossed to him and I leaned back on the
car to admire his flexed muscles as he jumped and shot the ball. I heard the swish go in and two of the other boys started cheering, as Harry smirked, mentally patting himself on the back.

"Enjoying the view, Maddison?" Harry said, cutting me from the thoughts. I hadn't realized they'd noticed my presence until he spoke.

"What?" I gasped, choking over my own words.

"You were clearly gazing at me." Harry smirked.

"As if." I rolled my eyes. "Joey, you have to come in and get ready for your game."

"Ugh, can't I stay out for 10 more minutes." He whined.

"Sorry, but you have to leave in a half hour." I shrugged.

"Fine," He sighed. "Bye, guys."

The boys waved goodbye to him and continued shooting.

"Maddie, did you study for the math test yet?" Niall asked me. I answered by shaking my head."Well, are you going to?" I repeatedly shook my head again. "How do you have an A in that class?" He groaned.

"That's because Maddie is very smart." Harry stated. "Something to support this statement is that while we were playing basketball, she stared at me, not you, because I'm hotter."

"Piss off!" Niall shouted.

"I wasn't even staring at you!" I defended myself.

"It was pretty obvious." Harry sang.

God, he's even more attractive whilst trying to prove me wrong. I have been friends with Harry forever, but only recently have I started to appreciate his good looks and cute personality.

"Well, I'm going to go inside. You guys could leave, or stay. Whatever." I walked inside and I could feel Harry starring at me and laughing to himself.

I went up to my bedroom and started doing my homework, while watching TV.

...

I finished my homework and over time, I heard the boys leave one by one. It was 8:00 and I still heard one of the boys outside shooting. I looked out my window to find Harry, now with his shirt on, dribbling the ball. I opened the window to speak to him.

"Styles, it is 8 pm, why are you still at my house?" I asked him.

"Well, I was hoping if I stayed long enough, you would come out and play with me. Will you?" He asked with the ball leaning on his waist, underneath his arm.

"I suck." I laughed.

"Then, come out so we can make fun of you together!" He smiled. I rolled my eyes, closed my window, and hurried outside.

I played one on one with Harry for a while and he attempted to teach me how to actually make a shot.

"What are you doing this Saturday?" Harry asked.

"Praising The Lord that spring break has finally arrived." I laughed.

"Seriously, Maddie." He rolled his eyes.

"Nothing, why?"

"The boys and I are going out, do you want to join?" He asked and tossed me the ball.

I shot and missed, before answering, "Sure."

"Good." He smiled. "Now, honestly. You were staring at me, right?"

"Maybe, a little." I blushed.

"That's what I thought." Harry smiled.

Hey guys! so this chapter was short and sort of boring, but I promise it gets better. :) If you want to follow me on twitter it's @hi0rharry and I hope you like the rest of the story!