do you trust me?

"Okay, honey, we gotta go. Judy's waiting for us.", Ed whispered and still held his wife close; and she looked at him, right into his eyes, about to protest.
"I thought.. maybe we could.. stay at home today? I don't feel that well.", she swallowed and she glanced down in guilt.
He sighed once and touched her chin softly to lift her head. Ed shook his head. He certainly wanted his Lorraine to feel comfortable, but he couldn't let her do that to Judy. Not today. He was caught in the middle.
"Sorry.. I..", she began to speak and he laid his index finger on her soft lips and shook his head again.
Neither of them noticed Judy standing in the door frame, hearing every word her parents did say. She never doubted that her mother loved her, really loved her, but now she wasn't so sure anymore. Even Georgianna noticed that her daughter had started to act like someone strange and that this was affecting her granddaughter a lot. Judy cast a glance at her mother and hoped she would notice her, but Lorraine did not. Ed still held her close and didn't notice his daughter either.
"Come on, don't be like this. You've been so looking forward to this day! It was your idea, yours. You can't cancel it now. That'd be so not fair! So get dressed and packed now.", he demanded stern but calm, knowing that it would have been a bad if he'd have snapped at her.
That caused Lorraine to nod carefully and she let go, turning around to pick a dress. That was all Judy needed to see and hear before walking away, sad, because she felt like her mother didn't want to spend some time with her. Ed spotted her from the corner of his eye and decided to follow her.
"Ed do you think I can wear this dress?", Lorraine picked a casual light blue dress.
She waited for an answer while getting dressed. She didn't realize Ed was gone.
"Ed?", she asked again and turned around only to see she was alone in this room.
Just half an hour later the Warren family sat in their car on their way to the beach. Ed was the one driving and Lorraine sat next to him in the passenger seat while Judy sat behind her, looking out of the window. She was still in a bad mood and mad at her mother. Therefore she didn't talk to her at all. Neither of them talked for what seemed like an eternity. Lorraine folded her hands and thought about how exhausting this day will be if Judy should continue to ignore her. It was when she turned on the radio and Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love" was playing. For a second the brunette glanced at her husband who smirked. It was their song. The song was playing the night they first met at the local theater. The song was playing on their first date. The song was playing on their wedding.
"Take my hand, take my whole life too..", Ed imitated Elvis because he knew it would make Lorraine laugh,"for I can't help.. falling in love with you."
And she did laugh. To Ed she was more than just beautiful and he loved making her laugh. He had to smile. After all, his Lorraine was still there, after all she's been through.
"You're beautiful, honey.", Ed told her, still looking at the street because he didn't want to cause an accident.
Lorraine laughed again in embarrassment and her cheeks blushed. She's done that quite often when Ed compliments her. He thought it was super cute. He would have loved to catch a glimpse of her right now, to get lost in the depths of her blue eyes he adored so much, to press his lips against her soft ones. Oh how he loved that woman. The first time he heard her laughing he immediately knew he needs to be the reason she'd be happy for the rest of her life. To him her smile was the most beautiful one, the way her eyes brighten when she's happy. Ed definitely could spend a whole day talking about what he loved about his wife and he sure as hell wouldn't be done.
Lorraine looked at him in gratitude. The moment they exchanged glances for the very first time she knew it was him. As a clairvoyant she had a gift that was a curse and a blessing at the same time. Ed was the first one to believe her, to support her, to trust in her gift. He was all she ever asked for. A caring, wonderful husband with whom she fell in love more and more every day.
Of course Judy noticed the romantic scene between her parents. She looked at her mother and if she didn't know her mother loved her father she surely would know that now. She was looking up to her parents' marriage. How they loved and supported each other, no matter what. And their love never seemed to be doubted for a second in over fifteen year. The young girl didn't notice and she absolutely didn't mean to, but she had to smile.
The rest of the journey passed in a comforting silence. The radio was still turned on and every one of them were thinking their own thoughts. After all, they were the Warrens and nobody needed to understood the relationship they all shared with each other. And when they arrived at the beach Judy jumped out of the car and took her dress of and rushed in her bathing suit to the water. It was really hot and the blowing wind was pleasing. Judy's feet ran through the hot sand and right into the cold water. She shivered with the cold for a moment until she ran further, her parents watching her in amusement.
Ed wrapped his arm around Lorraine's waist and they were standing right next to the car, looking at the sea and their beautiful daughter. She leaned against his shoulder and closed her eyes and she felt the wind in her hair and the sun in her face.
"It's a bit chilly, isn't it?", she looked up at her husband.
"You're sensitive to cold, honey. That's all. When I checked, the temperature display showed a forecast of 90°F. Maybe I should keep you warm?", he replied slyly.
Lorraine chuckled and shook her head. She always felt cold when something bad was approaching. Ed knew that, but today he decided that nothing could ruin this day. He was convinced that nothing would happen. Lorraine on the contrary wasn't so sure about this and walked towards the water. The sound of waves stirring and her daughter laughing was all she needed to forget about her worries. The brunette laid her coat on the ground and sat down, sighing.
"What's wrong?", a familiar voice appeared behind her.
"It's just.. Judy. I'm worried about her.", she replied and didn't turn around because she knew who was talking to her.
Now it was Ed's turn to sigh and he put the beach chair next to his wife. He started to get annoyed by her behavior.
"I'm going to swim with Judy. Just.. just stay here if you're not going to put another smile on your face.", he hissed which caused Lorraine to get shocked.
"Do you trust me, Ed?", she stammered and tried to avoid his gaze.
Not in all this time he has ever been this mad at her and it made her heart ache. In over fifteen years he truly never was this mad at her. Lorraine shivered. She felt so cold.
"I do.", he mumbled.
"Please trust me now.", she whispered scarcely audible.
"You don't get it.", Ed walked off, pissed at her.
The brunette woman didn't know why Ed was so mad at her or she didn't want to accept it. Lorraine wasn't stupid and she sensed certain things although nobody she knows besides her does. She sensed negative and positive feelings and right now everything around her got negative. She raised her hand to her forehead, feeling dizzy through this sudden negative energy.
"Go away..", Lorraine breathed heavily but Ed and Judy couldn't hear her, they were swimming in the sea.
It was shockingly quiet around Lorraine and one could have hear a pin drop. The clairvoyant didn't move, the negative energy around her was too present, too close. It almost felt like it was wrapping her up into this negativity. Something started whistling discordantly. The imminence of something terrible was obvious. Lorraine's heart started beating faster and she felt nauseous. With a loud gasp she closed her eyes, hoping that it won't be her vision. An evil laughter appeard and Judy and Ed were standing in front of her as she opened her eyes in fear.
"No.. no.. no", she mumbled, not wanting to see this again.
Tears were streaming down Lorraine's face and she passed out, falling in the sand.

Just a little rant right now. Because I feel like. Oh jeez I feel like this will be a long fanfic.. but maybe my first real one to finish. Like seriously I've never finished a fanfic yet. I already have lots of plans for this one here and I guess I'll just start writing a new chapter lol. Tbh this turned out way different than I wanted to. I planned to write about a cute day at the beach but here I am. Ed is mad (that's rhymes lol) and Lorraine is laying in the sand unconscious. Okay so far so good. I really don't know what will happen next oops