wacko

!! Just to be sure I'll make a trigger warning for this chapter. It contains bullying and briefly mentions self harm. I'll ad a specific warning to the scene as well. This trigger warning just counts for the flashback, which is written in cursive. So the story makes sense without reading it, but I'll add a summary at the end of the flashback too. Please be aware that I put this trigger warning for a reason. So please don't read if you're too sensitive !!

"I don't ever wanna go back there!", Judy yelled and threw her bag into a corner as she entered the house,"screw it!"
"Language!", Lorraine said sternly and sighed.
She secretly knew it would end like that. People just didn't seem to understand. She looked at her daughter who was about to cry and stood up. Judy glanced at her and walked straight into her room. Kids could be so cruel, it's always been like that. She followed Judy and said down on the bed next to her, smiling weakly.
"What happened?", she now asked softly.
"School happened. People happened. Your job happened.", Judy replied sobbing and didn't need to explain anything else.
"I understand.. it's going to be okay.", her mother whispered,"I know it's really hard, but you can do it."
First she and Ed had wanted to do homeschooling, but they figured they don't have enough time for that. It had taken them a while to accept that they have to sign their daughter up for a public school. And they had feared something like this might happen.
"Don't lie to me! Your parents had pretty normal jobs! I'm just the possessed freak. When I first walked into the classroom they started mumbling and a guy poured water over me, saying it was holy water. Another guy showed me his book from Latin class and asked me how to perform an exorcism. I got quite mad and then a girl yelled that I was possessed.. you have no idea what that feels like!", she told her mother and lowered her voice.

!! trigger warning !!

"And there she is: psycho Moran", a group of girls appeared behind 15-year-old Lorraine who was having lunch in the cafeteria, sitting alone in a corner.
"Can you see something, wacko?", another girl teased.
Lorraine knew how people didn't understand her gift. She just hated how they treated her since and continued eating.
"You know, Moran", one of the most popular kids from her high school sat down next to her,"you're an embarrassment. Nobody here likes you. Nobody believes you. You make things up so you get attention, right? That's so pitiful, sweetheart. Just stop doing that. You got everyone's attention more than once. Go to hell with your demons because that's were you belong. Maybe they'll like you."
The brunette looked at the other girl and was close to tears. Her soft hands started trembling and she knew crying wouldn't be a good option, but eventually one or two tears rolled down her cheeks and everyone started laughing at her immediately. Her food was still laying on her plate. She looked at the aisle and tried to ignore the sound of laughter. The bullying started long ago but it hurt every time. Every time she felt like tearing apart. It wasn't her fault that god gifted her, was it? She got this gift for a reason but couldn't figure the reason out yet. For now the gift was a cure during her time in high school. When she had gotten a vision in one of her classes the whole school knew just one day later. Her nose had started to bleed and her teacher had tried talking to her. She sat there for like ten minutes until she came back into the real world, after having seen a cruel vision. Of course she was outraged with it and kept trying to explain what she's seen to her teacher after he guided her outside. Unfortunately he didn't seem to understand and simply thought she might be insane and sent her to the school counselor. Even her friends kept distancing themselves from Lorraine because of all the rumors that she was possessed. She couldn't tell anyone about how she was treated. Neither her parents nor her teachers believed that she was gifted. For them she was insane and she could've been glad that she wasn't locked away in some mental institution. Lorraine was sure high school was hell but she's been closer to the actual hell so she tried getting through it. Hoping that she will find her purpose soon.
"Wacko's crying!", a boy pointed at her and all the kids in the cafeteria turned around, looking at her, laughing.
This was too much for Lorraine and she laid her fork down on the plate and stood up, looking at the ground and hushing to the bathroom. She walked through the school and tried ignoring people talking and laughing about her again. She was so sick of it. When she opened the door to the bathroom with trembling hands she first checked if someone else was in there. It was quite a small bathroom with just two stalls and a small simple window right above the mirror and faucets. Her legs felt like they were about to collapse and her sight was blurry due to her tears. The young girl refused to look at herself in one of the mirrors and instead decided that locking herself into one of the stalls would be a better idea.
The young girl leaned against the door and started crying hysterically. She stayed like this for a while and just hoped nobody would come in anytime soon. Everything seemed so unfair. And not even God was there to help her going through this. On the contrary he was the one cursing her with this gift. And she certainly never blamed herself that much in front of her whole school. And nobody cared. Perhaps some teachers have noticed the incident in the cafeteria but they didn't do anything. They never did. They all kept telling themselves that bullying doesn't exist at their school and that young Lorraine Moran could be thankful for attending this school after going insane. Lorraine felt like her heart was completely broken and everything she wished for was someone believing her.
"Screw it..", she sobbed and pulled something metallic out of her pocket.
She has kept it for a while. Just to be sure, that was her excuse. The face of the brunette was tear stained as she put the sharp piece of metal to her wrist and closed her eyes. Nobody would care anyway, was the last thing she thought before pressing it against her skin.