Chapter One: ペイン

~Pein~

The light in her eyes, the smile on her face, the way her hands folded the paper quickly and came out with a beautiul paper rose. That . . . was Konan. Pein awoke with a start, he sat up quickly before he could fall back asleep. He glanced around, he was in his room. He raised a hand to his cheek and he felt that he was blushing. Blushing badly. 

He stood and began to pace. Konan's room wasn't far from where he was, and usually he came to her for dreams that showed him the chaotic future or nerve-wrecking past. But how could he go to her with a dream about her? It's not like she wasn't beautiful or anything of the like . . . but it was rather, peculiar. He heard rustling, out of his room, he turned to the window to see that rain clouds were gathered around the sunrise. 

"Pein . . .?" whispered a voice behind him. He turned to see Konan, wearing her usual (Akatsuki cloak, paper rose in her hair, etc.). But when he saw her, he could feel his cheeks reden. "I'm surprised you weren't up before me . . . Is everything all right?"

"Yes, Konan." Pein tried to say normally. "Everything is fine, don't worry. Have you heard anything about The Hidden Leaf?"

Konan raised an eyebrow at him, and he could see she was trying not to smile at him. "Apparently, not yet. Though I have been hearing rumours about them advancing on us for a battle."

He blinked, and stayed silent for a minute. "For battle . . . we must inform the others."

"I will see if any of the villagers have spotted anything unsual . . ." Konan turned and left, he heard the beat of his heart slow down. His eye twitched, he stronly disliked the feeling that was driving him crazy. He promised himself that Yahiko and Konan were to be left alone. Even if Yahiko was gone. He felt his heart shatter at the memories he's held of the three of them, in the younger years with Jiraiya as their sensei and the only one who taught them how to survive. Pein gripped the table's edge, he felt himself grow weak in a way it was somehow . . . soothing. 

"I am a god." he said. "Not a weak fool, I shall not be tolerated with these emotions."