breakfast

an imagine in which cody is your boyfriend and he tries to do something nice for you since you're stressed with school work:

your eyes lazily flicked open because of the sunlight that was pouring through your window, making you wince at how bright it was. if it were possible, you were still exhausted even though you got a full nights worth of sleep. school had been stressing you out, you had a shit ton of tests and homework, you couldn't keep up. you turned on your side and placed your hand on where cody's back should be, but you found the space empty.

you sat up curiously and looked around the room you two shared, he wasn't there. the floor was scattered with your homework papers and one of cody's tripods. in an attempt to find him you called out his name, "cody?"

at first there was no reply, "y/n," he said from the kitchen, "don't come out, hold on!"

you stood and walked to the hallway, you couldn't see him but you could hear him moving around in the kitchen, "what're you doing?"

"nothing," he said quickly, "just go back to bed."

there was more clattering of pans and plates before he exclaimed, "fuck!", in pain.

you emerged from the room and walked into the kitchen, finding cody in front of the stove with a pan of almost burnt eggs in front of him. he was clutching his hand because he had accidentally burnt himself on the pan.

"let me see that," you said, taking his hand to examine the burn, "what are you doing?"

you looked around the kitchen, it was a mess of open food containers and little spills he had made in the process of trying to make breakfast.

"i wanted to make breakfast for you," he sighed, looking at the mess he made, "cooking isn't really my thing, but you've been working hard, you know.."

"so," you said sarcastically, "your plan was to feed me burnt eggs with bit of the eggshell still attached?"

he laughed a little uneasily, "no, my plan was to make you a world class meal, then help you study before i made a video."

you smiled at his thoughtfulness, pecking him on the cheek, "come on, let's put something on this burn."

a/n:

give me imagine iDEAS