04 | the new kid

[Y/N]

I quickly turned around, trying to catch anther glance of the boy walking down the street. But, as soon as he appeared, was gone.

I slumped into my seat, in thought. Why was the same person I saw yesterday, here? Why were they at my house in the first place? Something about him-I knew he was the same boy I saw last night. The boy who sank into the shadows, hiding something from the world. Something about him...

Maybe it was the way he slumped his shoulders. The way he kept looking over his shoulder, as if something was going to happen, and he didn't want to be caught off guard.

"You okay?" I heard CJ ask from the front seat, snapping me back into my thoughts. "Uh, yeah. Just... thinking," I answered. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sam grimace. CJ nodded, never looking up from the road. "Hey, you know. I heard there's going to be a new kid today."

"Oh?" There hasn't been a new kid since about 7th grade, two years ago. It was a foreigner from Jamaica, and she had moved back after a week.

"Yeah, I heard he moved here, because he had a party that had gotten out of control."

"Oh," I said, a little skeptical by this point. CJ was practically bouncing with energy though, so I let her ramble on.

"They said it was a house party and the parents weren't home. He set a fire and he burned down a house, because he was too drunk. So the parents moved here. They came with nothing((they got a little more))." CJ told the story as if it was a Halloween ghost story. "My mom told me to stay away from him. Said he was stable and violent."

"Oh," I said, not particularly interested. I never cared about the new kids, unless it was a girl because maybe then I would make another friend.

CJ looked like she was going to say more but just as she opened her mouth, the car pulled up to the school parking lot, and I quickly hopped out. I was making my way to the doors of school when a figure blocked my path. It was Ryan.

"What do you want," I asked, with no question, looking into his perfect eyes. "I wanted to say I'm sorry," he answered. His eyes were filled with sympathy. I hated it.

I rolled my eyes-I already saw this coming.

"I just don't think," he gestured to himself and then me, "is going to work out."

I looked him square in the eyes. "You think I didn't know? You think I didn't notice your withdrawals? It's kind of obvious I'm not your type. You're into sluts." My voice was rising even though I wasn't mad. "You've wasted my time Ryan," I concluded, not wanting to make a scene. With that I walked away.

*****

"Mabel((sorry mabel))," I snapped, getting my sisters attention. She was taking to her friends when I pulled her away. "What's up?"

"I'm done," I told her.

Her eyebrows furrowed as if she couldn't see what I was talking about. So I handed to her.

"I don't want your reputation. I don't want your fame. I don't want to be you. So stop making me. You're making my hide of true friends. And if that's what it takes to be popular. I don't want anything to do with it."

I felt her dark face, grow darker. Her black hair seemed to stand on end. "What," she said, dangerously.

"Leave. Me. Alone," I repeated. I knew I was giving myself a death sentence but by this point, I didn't care.

Mabel took at step toward me and jabbed her finger on my chest. I thought she was going to cast me to the pits of hell, until she leaned closer. "Get out of here before I make you stay," she hissed. "What?"

"You heard me. Do you want to stay forever?" She whispered. I realized what she was doing. She was giving me an escape. Mabel was allowing me to leave.

I stumbled back and glared. "Stay away from me you hear?" And with that I turned my back on her and walked away.

Thank you.

A/N whenever I wrote mabel, it autocorrected to marble.-.

Bloopers:

Mabel: *leans toward Y/N*

Mabel: *slips and falls*

((Can you tell I'm really bad at these bloopers?))

word count: 745