06 | backpacks and trees

[Y/N]

I'm not dead! And I beat writers block ahahahhahahha take that

comment as you go!

During third period, our team spilt up. Drew and I had Forensics. Ash and Ryan had the math elective.

Dipper stared at his schedule intently for a minute then looked up. "I have Forensics, then algebra."

"Great, tag along with Y/N. Algebra's right next door."

I gave him a weak smile and turned to lead the way. "Hey Y/N?" Dipper asked, suddenly at my side. "Yeah?" I answered politely. "You... don't seem to like me," he said, confirming at the last part. I looked up into his eyes which were now a dull shade of chocolate brown. Still stunning, but dark. "Y-yeah, I just don't have a lot to say I guess," I said, shrugging. It was true. I didn't ever have much to say. I preferred to observe.

Dippers' brown eyes brightened again, and he nodded. "Ok, yeah." I could tell he didn't seem convinced. I grabbed his shoulder before he could leave. "Hey, believe me, you haven't done anything wrong, I'm just that kind of person."

"Okay."

******
((I don't take forensics yet so I dunno if I got anything right here))

During forensics Dipper showed the class up. He easily cracked the blood case, and identified the finger prints.

"It would have to be the janitor, because nobody was in the school before or after, and the body shows prints back to 5:14 am- before school. All other prints are involved, but the main killer would be the janitor."

Mr. Harris, our teacher clapped in satisfaction. Dipper smiled, and looked down at the doodles on his paper, shyly.

I glanced over at Dipper, and my eye caught on something in his bag. I recognized it as the book from earlier. The iron hand. I wonder where he got it. I think I've seen it in old books in the library, so it's probably a replica, sold in tacky shops for a dollar, ninety-nine.

"Miss L/N? Is something more important than this class?" Mr. Harris asked curtly.

"No," I replied quickly, looking up at him to meet his eyes.

"Good," he answered slowly, and returned to his lecture. I saw Dipper glance from me to his book and raised an eyebrow.

*****

"Do you wanna hang out today?" Ash asked me after school. I shook my head. "Nah, I've got a lot of homework I need to do. You know my mom would freak if I got a failing grade." It was true. My mom would freak. But I haven't had a failing grade since 8th grade, and I didn't seem to be changing anything soon. "Yeah, okay," Ash replied, pouting. "Sorry," I muttered. "There's your house, go, do your homework," Ash said, dropping the subject. I felt bad lying to her, but I had stuff to do. "Kay bye."

I quickly jogged down my driveway, and opened the door. I threw my bag onto the table and ran to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple, 4 bottles of water, a package of granola bars, and a couple snickers((I really want a snickers now))

Then I climbed the stairs to my room and grabbed my camera, a backpack, and my coat. I stuffed the food and my camera into the bookbag, and threw on my coat.