Chapter 28

Lupe PoV
--
I did the same old routine I was quite frankly getting used to. Grabbed my checkbook, wrote out a $300 check and handed it to my weeping tía. Before I could walk away from the house, I acted as If I left. I opened the door and quickly closed it shut. I hid behind the little hallway that lead to living room where my tía and Leti would usually be at. Once they heard it shut they started to squeal. "No lo puedo creer!" (I can't believe it!) I heard my cousin Leti speak. "How is she so gullible?" I peaked an eye out to see her kissing the check as if it was a living thing. "You know the dirty little rat. Too nice to even say no. Just like my pinche sister," She rolled her eyes taking a turn in holding the check. I closed my eyes shut for a minute, gulping down the ungrateful words that were spoken out of her mouth. "Now are we gonna sit here and not waste her money, or are we too gullible?" She laughed. I quickly made my way out not even closing the door. Whether I felt like crying or not I could feel a big gulp stuck on my throat. I gathered myself together and shed a single tear. For I was not one to be played with. I gripped onto the locket around my neck giving it a single peck. Nor was I one to let someone disgrace my parents. But my tia made the mistake of not carefully reading the check. Rather than signing the check under my name I signed it under hers.

A/n: damn..