Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*steffanies pov*present day*

I'm now 18 I wish to leave this place but I'm afraid to. Alec jones. The man who ruined the past ten years of my life.

Well he changed his name to aidan hunt.

I refused to change my name, in memory for my mother.

I miss her everything changed once she was gone. Especially aidan. I grew to start calling him aidan as I forgot how his love felt like. How it felt like to be loved by anyone in fact.

I'm looking for a job right now. I know my dad makes money some how no matter how many times he goes to the bar.

Probably through drugs but that has nothing to do with me

(A/N don't do drugggssss, mother Bea says it's not good for you)

I went on a run going towards the places I was looking for.

I was thinking to be an animal rescuer or something if I can get the job

I saw the place and I was right on timing with my interview. Okay I looked down on what I'm wearing.

Black leggings, slim white long sleeves, and plain Nike free runs. Good enough.

I did so with my interview and they said they were impressed with my interview.

Since 13 years old I was a dog walker and took care of dogs when the owners were busy but recently it just became repetitive and I wanted to get payed better so I can live off it and hopefully leave this hell of a place I call 'home'.

Before leaving these four girls saw me and waved goodbye to me and I'm guessing they knew I asked for the new job. I returned the wave and headed to chipotle to get some food.

I got there and ordered my stuff but I heard the door open behind me but I didn't bother to look. I set my food down and all my items like my phone that I barely use and my wallet.

I dug into my chipotle bowl. It tasted bomb but I mean if I ate anything it would be amazing. I haven't eaten since yesterday's breakfast.

I got up and threw away my trash but then once I grabbed my phone I dropped my wallet and I immediately picked it up but once I was about to leave someone behind me yelled out "excuse me miss!"

*jonahs pov*

She dropped her wallet but once it was dropped something fell out. It was a picture.

A picture of me and a little girl. That girl she looks familiar.. no way is she..

"Excuse me miss!" I yell out and she turns around. She looks so familiar

"Y-you dropped this. But who is he if you don't mind asking... it looks like me when I was a kid" I chuckle nervously and I can tell the boys were eavesdropping.

"I-h-he was my childhood best friend until I had to move away" she says turning back around.

Oh my god

"Steffanie!" I yell. I only have one chance.

If it's really her I need to know. I need to know if she's alright! And what happened with her dad as he is sort of wanted and steffanie is reported missing for 8 years

*steffanie's pov*

Its him.

It's Jonah.

"J-Jonah" I whisper to myself but he comes closer to me as I suspect he heard me say his name

"I- I have to go" I stutter and I quickly run out.

I'm afraid.

I don't like being hugged or touched in general.

I'm afraid that I'll be hurt again.

Both mentally and physically.

My mom is probably disappointed in me.

I don't blame her.