Chapter 2: Light Shines, Shadows Stretch

Celestial Warrior Moon:

Disclaimer: I do not own any Sailor Moon related properties. Sailor Moon is the property of Toei Animation and Naoko Takeuchi. This is a fan work created to celebrate the work. It is not intended to infringe on any copyrights.

Chapter 2

Light Shines; Shadows Stretch

"Welcome to the Game Center Crown!" Usagi announced.

She stood right in front of the door facing both her new friends with her arms spread wide apart in a "tada" stance. Then she turned and went in, Makoto and Ami in tow. Straight to the right were the crane machines, and to their left was the main body of the arcane, full of customers busying themselves with either saving the world or matching skill against each other. Off to the far left beyond was a small juice bar.

"Hey, look!" Makoto said breathlessly.

She pointed to a nearby poster.

"They made a Sailor V game! Oh, it's going to be awesome!" she said with fangirlish delight.

She held both hands balled up into fists against her chest giggling with almost childish delight.

"Do you think Sailor V has to worry about tests?" Usagi asked gloomily.

Makoto stopped her reverie to think about that for a moment.

"I don't really know, but hey, kicking bad guy butt! That's gotta rock!" she answered enthusiastically.

"Yeah, it must be pretty awesome to be Sailor V," Usagi said wearily.

She took out her test paper and scowled at it.

"I really don't want to take this home..." she said.

"Ouch," Ami remarked upon seeing the grade, bringing a hand to her mouth.

"Yeah, tell me about it," Usagi grumbled.

The teen genius gave Usagi a sympathetic look before turning her attention to the poster. She read it over, looking for the release date.

"It looks like it just came out," Ami muttered. "Do you think they have it?"

"They should," Usagi answered. "Or at least, Motoki said they'd have it be today."

Usagi wondered why she didn't make the connection between the new game coming in and the real girl out there fighting crime.

"Oh, who's Motoki?" Ami asked.

"Oh, Motoki. You see, he's..." Usagi hesitated.

Her face flushed as she wrapped a finger in her hair absently, sputtering for words.

"Oh, is he your older brother?" Makoto asked.

"No! He's... Oh, here he comes!" Usagi exclaimed.

Motoki walked out from the back of the arcade to welcome the customers.

"Hey, Usagi," Motoki said in his usual warm manner. "Perfect timing! I just started my shift."

"Hello, Motoki," Usagi returned the gesture, blushing.

"That new game you were asking about last week just came in. Oh, you brought some new faces, I see," he said, smiling wider at the pair of new customers.

On taking a second glance at Makoto and Ami, he confirmed that he recognized neither one.

"Hmm, I don't think we've met," he stated.