Chapter 2

Yukine walked quietly back into the house which belonged to Kofoku.
He was being watched as he sat down laying back content on the kitchen tables chair, his feet resting on the tables edge. Kofoku exchanged glances with yato and hiyori, looks of confusion. 'Didn't you say he just stormed out of here, like 20 minutes ago?' Kofoku quizzically whispers, he eyes on Hiyori. 
'Yes, he seemed upset, said he was going to talk to Kazuma'
'That ungrateful... he better not be joining Bishamon' Yato yells, causing Yukine to glance over at the sudden outburst.
Hiyori shushes him whilst Kofoku giggles.
'Just, you go and talk to him Yato' Hiyori says, looking sincere. Kofoku nods vigorously a few times, 'u-huh' she agrees.
Yato stares back at him with his icy blue eyes. He nods. Yukine was his shinki, he had to be the one to confront him.
'So Yukine' he begins, a look of sincerity across his face. But his aloof personality still in tact, as he leans on the table beside him.
'Yes yato...?' Yukine replies, he had forgotten why he was mad at him.
'What's up with you? Is everything ok...' Yato asks.
'Huh?'
Hiyori appears at Yatos side. 'You stormed off earlier, what was wrong?'
'Oh nothing, but I... I met someone'
To this Hiyori beams, it was good for him to have a friend again after Suzuka.
'Oh really, is it one if Bisamons?' Hiyori continues interested. Yato allows Hiyori to take over the chat and listens from a few feet away with Kofoku.
Yukine blushes, 'Oh... No she's human'.
Hiyori begins to look confused, and Kofokus eyes seem to brighten. But it's Yato who speaks first, taking part in the conversation once more. 'Yukine, what are you doing'.
Yukine looks up at yato, scowling at his cynical tone.
'People walk in and out of our lives quickly, Its amazing she noticed you in the first place.  You know she'll forget about you'. To this Yukines eyes widen, of course Yato was right... his mind flashes back to the cafe scene. When the waitress had placed only one cup of water. She hadn't noticed Yato and him sitting with Hiyori, they are like passing strangers to them. You wouldn't remember their faces.
'I don't care' he replies fiercely. He picks up his pile of manga and heads out. Leaving behind him three concerned friends.
****
Yukine began hastily walking through the streets, it was late evening and a deep shade of orange painted the otherwise dark sky.
Not far behind him Yukine knew to be Yato and Hiyori. They were worried and had been following him for the past half hour. Everytime he looked round they would make weak attempts to hide. Hiyori ducking into a near street ally and Yato attempting to hide behind a lamppost. His icy blue cat eyes fixed on Yukine each time hoping he wouldn't spot him.
Yukine sighed at the attempt, quickening his pace. He was going to see Christa.

Before Yato could follow further Hiyori grabbed him by the his scalf dragging him into the narrow alleyway with her. 'Should we just leave it? I know your worried about him but he's capable of learning for himself' she said sternly. Yato faced her but his eyes were stubbornly focused on Yukine as the distance, he had stopped at Christas house and was beginning to knock on the door. Yato tusked.
'We'll just head back, we can talk about it later' Hiyori continued.
Yato gasped loudly and suddenly  pushing a startled Hiyori to the side.
'There!' He said sharply pointing towards Yukine. Hiyori followed his gaze. Not ten feet from Yukine was a large phantom in the shape of a spider.
There was a loud scream. Christa had opened the door. But it made no sense... she shouldn't be able to see the Phantom.
Yukine looked startled but then turned to see the phantom.
He was quick to act, drawing a line between the girls house and the beast.
'Stay back' he muffled over his shoulder to the confused girl. She managed a nod taking a few steps back into her door frame.
'Sekki!' I voice yells from behind him.
Yato grabs hold of Yukine now his sword.
Jumping into the air he takes his first blow at the Phantom. A foot away from a strike the phantom turns hitting Yatos side and sending him crashing into the wall of a building. There is a loud scream as the phantom grabs Christa, lifting her high in the air. Hiyori begins running over. Yato grunts as he pushes himself to his feet.
'One more time Yukine' he says.
Yukine nods, his eyes burning with motivation.
Once again they launch into the air, this time striking the spider phantom center forehead. It lets out a low bellow in defeat dropping the girl to the ground. She quickly scrambles to her feet luckily very much unharmed.
Hiyori joins Yatos side panting before letting a sigh of relief. Before she can say a word and before Yukine is even transformed back into human state Yato turns to Christa. She stares back, half in awe of what she just saw and partially fear.
'Who are you?' She says, hands on her face and wide eyed.
'Funny how I was about the ask the same question' Hiyori says, a look of sincerity in her eye.
Yukine now in human form looks from Christa to Yato. 'How could you see that??! Well Yato?'
'I can only think of one explanation to why... she must be half god...' Yato stares the girl in the eye, waiting to see a reaction.
There is a loud gasp of confusion from everyone. Christa more confused than anyone else. 'I... I don't know what you are... but I'm not one of you' she shakes her head.
'So it's the first time you've seen one of them?' Yato says steadily, his blue gaze burns into hers, daring her to lie.
For a second it looks like she will disagree but instead she reluctantly nods.
'Come with us' Yato says,'we can protect you'.
'No' she says with a clenched first. She's scared and this is a lot to take in. These people could teach her about what she is and maybe explain the crazy event that she had just witnessed. Walking away with strangers had never felt so right.
'You'll be a target now, you need us Christa'.