Chapter 3

Words couldn't convey the types of personalities Jinx has seen in her short life time, but as she walked into the cafeteria she could help but feel that all the worst ones were thrown into the cafeteria and told to play nice.

Food was being thrown everywhere, people screamed at each other, and Jinx swore she saw someone getting stuffed into a trash can.

As she held her school lunch and stared into the chaos Jinx wondered where Raven sat.

"Hey."

Jinx almost jumped out of her skin, ready to beat someone up she turned to find, Raven standing there.

"Sorry 'bout that, we sit outside." Raven explained, unfazed by Jinx's adrenaline rush.

"Cool," Jinx responded as she followed Raven out of the cafeteria, dodging food being thrown along the way.

Being outside was a real breather.

"Friend Raven! Over here!" A happy go lucky voice called from a crowded picnic table.

"I know where we sit Kori." Raven responded as she tromped over to the table, Jinx in tow.

Jinx sat down right next to Raven at the end of the table, she was happy to stay uncornered.

The table was chaotic in the best way possible, voices were raised and different hand gestures were used but these people were talking not fighting, which was new to Jinx.

"Guys, this is Jinx," Raven said as she plugged her ear buds in and closed her eyes, "Play nice."

Guess I'm alone for this one.

The guy sitting across from Jinx smiled and held out his hand, "I'm Victor, nice to meet you."

Jinx took his hand and gave it a firm hand shake, her eyes widened, his hand felt as cold as metal.

Turns out it was metal, and Victor was more than happy to let her take a look at it.

"Arm's pretty cool, have you considered getting some sort of tattoo prints on it?" Jinx questioned, thinking of what design would suit him.

Would he want color?

Just black ink?

He seems like a no color kind of guy.

"What are you a tattoo artist?" He laughed.

Yeah.

"Nope, just your average high schooler." Jinx said instead.

"Yeah I seriously doubt that," Victor chortled.

"It's always the ones with dyed hair that make average high schoolers look bad, isn't that right Gar." He added as he elbowed the guy next to him, who had floppy green hair.

"Dude you got it all wrong, the hair dye takes attention away from the fact that the average high schooler can't spell the word 'school'," Gar protested as he elbowed Victor back, "Isn't that right Ravey?"

Raven was still face down on the table with her earbuds in, with no hesitation Gar reached over and took them out.

"Shut it Gar," Raven snapped as he tried to repeat his question, reaching to grab her earbuds, "Give them back."

"Come on Mama, talk with us." Gar pestered, holding the earbuds above her head.

She tried to snatch the earbuds back a couple of times before she noticed the nickname.

Raven's ears turned red as she sat down and huffed, "Fine, give them back."

This was a side of Raven Jinx hadn't seen yet, the flustered one.

"So Jinx, how much hairspray did you use this morning?" Gar joked.

That's the same thing Raven said.

Jinx rolled her eyes, "Raven already made that joke."

Apparently that was the wrong thing to say.

"Aww, Ravey! You're telling my jokes." Gar beamed as Raven's ears turned redder, her face stayed unflushed.

"You hear that Dick?!" Gar laughed as he turned to the couple next to him, "And you're making out, my bad."

Gar turned back to them with a smile, "Jinx this Kori and Dick," Gar said pointing to the couple who where making out next to him, "They're dating in case you were wondering."

Jinx waited until the couple was done to look them over.

Star was covergirl material with muscle mass, dark pink hair, and bright green eyes.

Dick had slicked back hair and tinted glasses and looked like he was ready to take down anyone at anytime.

Jinx leaned towards Raven, "Is Dick someone I should avoid if I don't want to get snitched on or arrested?"

Raven huffed a small laugh, "You can trust him, Wally on the other hand... well he—"

The sounds of hands slapping on the table next to her made Jinx jump, she whipped around to meet blue eyes.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear." Raven chuckled.