Love is Love. Part 15

*Lexi's POV*

I did it. I performed the song and dance. I could see the tears spilling out of Caitlyn's eyes and the smile that crept onto her face. I did my job: to give Caitlyn the best night with the best guy. There was applause and I put my fingers up in the rock and roll symbol, because I'm classy like that! I walked off stage and straight into Caitlyn's arms. "OMG, Lexi. That was beautiful! I never knew you could sing and dance like that! You were graceful!!" She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back. "Well I normally don't dance graceful. It's usually hip-hop but Austin here wanted to give you the perfect night and I couldn't say no." I grinned at her smiling face and shimmering eyes. "Thank you. Both of you. This night was amazing." She whispered and hugged Austin. We grinned at each other as everyone was ushered out of the building. We waited outside for our ride. It was chilly and Austin had his arms wrapped around Caitlyn and Luke had his arms wrapped around Brianna. I sighed, rubbing my own arms to stay warm. The limo arrived and everyone piled in. Someone grabbed my arm and I spun around. It was Damien, one of Austin friends. "Hey uh you don't really know me but that singing and dancing was beautiful." He muttered and I forced a smile. "Thanks." I said and got in the limo. He waved and I saluted him back as we drove away. Whatever. People will only notice me when I put myself on a damn stage and sing and dance. No one cares about the normal me. I rest my head against the window as the couples get all cute in the seats in front of me. I get dropped off first and quickly get out, waving goodbye. It was late when I came in and my parents asked me a bunch of questions. I told them it was great and I had a good time. I quickly changed into a black hoodie and black leggings. I kept the converse on and grabbed my IPod. I need Eminem. I raced outside and jumped onto my rock with music blaring. I relaxed. Music was my sweet escape. I looked up into the stars and sang along to the music. I sighed and pulled the hood tighter over my head. My eyes became lost in the stars and I lost myself in the music.