+ prologue

[ y e o n g ' s ]

I remember how fast Hoseok and I managed to feel a connection between us.

I mean— we had been messaging each other for a while before actually meeting. Turns out I did know him.

Before, he was a stalker. A weirdo. A creep.

Calling him those without knowing him didn't make me feel regret. Of course, because I didn't even know the guy.

But, as I got to know him more, I felt my heart sink every time I recalled labeling him as those words.

He was none of them.

He was Hoseok. Hobi.

Unknown.

Hoseok took me out on some dates before we officially labeled ourselves and said that we were dating.

First was an ice cream parlor.

That's where Hoseok found out about my love for chocolate flavoured things. While we are our ice creams that we're nearly about to melt, we had some nice banter.

I could never talk to anyone like that.

Not Yoongi.

Not Jimin.

They wouldn't care or cherish it. It'd just be like any regular conversation.

Hoseok cared. And I knew.

How?

I remembered telling him something about my childhood. About how I had a dog named Mochi who we gave to a friend so she could breed him with her other dog.

Man, was I heartbroken that day.

I was only nine when that happened.

After that day, I remembered joking around with Hoseok. Testing him on things about me.

He got them all correct.

Even the small things I managed to mention at the ice cream parlor.

Which meant he remembered my dog, Mochi.

I was surprised, there's no denying that. But also glad. I bet no one else would even recall the moment I told them those things.

The next date was an amusement park.

I remember being so enthusiastic when Hoseok told me that he was taking me out to an amusement park due to the fact that I hadn't been to one in ages, so it was something I was excited for.

He just found it all cute.

I remember wanting to go on all of the big roller coasters and rides, some Hoseok tried to stay away from but went on anyways for the sake of trying to see why I was so thrilled to go on every scary/big/terrifying ride, whatever you'd like to call them.

I didn't even know why I loved rides like those the most. Maybe it was the sense of thrill, or the fact that I'd get goosebumps when a ride was about to go down.

Hoseok, he was just someone who enjoyed smaller rides. Rides where you could even hold conversations on. Like a carousel or a ride where you'd spin it yourself. Rides that reminded me of couples and such.

I didn't like rides like those. Sure, I could ride one once in a while but not every time.

I made an exception and went on all the rides Hoseok wanted to be on instead. He would just ask me, "isn't this better?" Or "this is so much more relaxing that those other rides that you like." All I would do was giggle in reply at his questions.

I remember being so exhausted from those rides that I fell asleep right when I got home. My mom came up to my room thinking I was dead on my bed because she had never seen me sleep so easily.

There were a few more dates after those.

A coffee date, where me and Hoseok debated about whether hot chocolate was just warm chocolate milk.

A mall date, where Hoseok allowed me to buy anything at a mall and he'd buy it. I felt bad for having him buy the things I wanted so I only chose some coat that I had been wanting for a while.

There was also a cliché movie date, where we almost got kicked out for throwing popcorn at two people that we saw having a date as well. Once the movie finished, we decided to have a double date with the two. Yoongi and Jimin.

The dates after those weren't that big, but that doesn't mean I don't cherish them.

I value every moment I spend with Hoseok and I would never trade anything in the world for it.

The summer before senior year was when things begun to get weird. Hoseok wasn't with me as much and would always make up an excuse whenever I'd ask him if he wanted to go out.

Of course, i couldn't make him go somewhere with me.

I just wanted to go on small dates, like before.

He began to drift away slightly. It led me to believe he was just tired of me or something, but I didn't wanna believe that. So I denied it all.

Until the one day, Hoseok had left me out of nowhere. He said he had somewhere to be and that he'd tell me later, but he never did.

He would be active on social media, but whenever I'd message him, he wouldn't respond.

I asked Yoongi if he knew anything and all he said was, "Wait it out. He'll tell you soon."

Since then, I haven't been able to contact Hoseok.

[ t a e h y u n g ' s ]

I got another message from a private account. They had no name in their biography and all I could do to recognize them was the acronym of my school in their biography.

The profile photo was a photo of three girls, one with scribble on the face to hide them and the other two were just normal.

I decided to message back.

t.aehyung:
> who are you?
delivered 14:03 (2:03 PM)

aehyung:> who are you?delivered 14:03 (2:03 PM)

+

in celebration of unknown getting
19K reads.
here's the sequel you've all
been asking for.
:)
– g.