Chapter One

I remember him, he was tall, light hair, with emerald eyes. But, his smile, it was too perfect. He was athletic but quiet and very academic. Matthew, he was the exact description of the boy next door, he was my boy next door. I was in love with Matt and I wasn't alone. Anne, she had been in love with him since the third grade. That was before I even knew what love was if I'm honest. I would call it a love triangle, but that's not what it is if only two people love each other.

      Anne didn't want to share and neither did I.  Matt loved me, well at least I thought so, until one day as I was looking at his window I didn't just see him I saw her. Anne. She had warned me to back off of him, but what was the worst she could do? She had claimed him, I couldn't tell if she was just using him or if she really wanted him. She was wearing black lace lingerie, dark red lipstick smothered her lips as she blew me a kiss closing the blinds.

    I still don't know what they did that night, but whatever she did to him he's long gone now. He left saying he just wanted to get away from everyone, everything. His parents still live across from me but he had vanished. We searched the whole town, we searched the river for any dead bodies, the window to his room across from mine is now empty. Now, the boy next door is no longer next door.
     A lot of people claimed Anne to be psychotic, insane, just
plain out crazy. I never believed them, but my thoughts have changed. She seemed like such a sweet girl when she moved here, until rumors spread about her escaping a mental asylum in Pennsylvania. But, of course those rumors are false, right?