Whatever it Takes

A/N: Welcome back to my second installment of Beauty and the Bellavante ! feel free to comment, vote, Message me, and tell your friends!

x Love and ink

      Rose gently tiptoed into the hospital room; a small frail woman lay on the medical bed. Her once long chocolate locks now brittle and thin; her eyes sunken and taking on a lifeless purple hue.

"Mama?" Rose whispered cautiously.

Her mother's eyes slowly opened revealing the pale blue eyes that mirrored her own

"Hello mija" Her mother rasped.

  Today, the chemotherapy was taking its toll and her mother's body was drained.

     Rose grasped her mother's hand her gently grazing her fingers over the gold bands adorned with precious gems of every colour. She loved hearing stories about her mother and father. Her mother would tell her stories about when her father was in the war; he would send her a ring and propose to her everyday. And everyday she would say, "my heart is yours for you to come back to."

     Her mother fell back asleep quickly; the pain medication finally pulling her under its warm blanket. Rising from her seat Rose left her mother's room to find the doctor. Dr. Singh, a small middle-aged man from central India was the best oncologist in the hospital.

     His brown eyes filled with pity as he saw Rose. She was such a young girl with such large responsibilities; he was going to regret what he had to tell her.

"Ah Rosa! How great it is to see you!" Dr. Singh greeted.

Rosa smiled and returned his greeting, "Dr. Singh, how was my mother today?"

The smile in the doctor's eyes immediately faded, "Your mother is not reacting as we expected to the Chemotherapy; there is an alternative treatment, but it is rather costly." Singh murmured in a low voice to avoid prying ears.

Rose's face drained of colour, "H-How much money?" she stuttered.

Dr. Singh shook his head, " when it is all said and done, seven hundred thousand."

Her heart hammered against her chest and anxiety crawled up the back of her neck, she would never be able to afford that much. Determination broke through her state of panic, for her mother, she would do whatever it takes.