just dive in

s u m m a r y

once upon a time, oliver sterling and reed bishop were best friends. with a shared love for swimming, with a friendship built on laughter and dreams and secrets, they were inseparable. but one night changed everything between them and when oliver moved to london, their friendship fell apart.

five years later, oliver is back in manchester and the past he has been avoiding for so long catches up with him. old friends, current and ex-girlfriends, feelings he thought he had buried long ago; they all rise to the surface in a hard to ignore mix. most impossible to ignore is reed, with his scowls and icy blue eyes. it's clear he wants nothing to do with oliver, but why does he find it so hard to stomach reed's hatred?

because there was a time when it came close to something else entirely and oliver would be willing to do anything to get that back.

c h a r a c t e r   c a s t i n g

matthew daddario as

OLIVER STERLING

lucky blue smith as

REED BISHOP

s t a t u s

started : june 2021

finished : august 2021

a u t h o r ' s   n o t e

hello!

for those of you have read my work before, maybe you've come from b&h, welcome back! i know some of you have been waiting a long time for this and trust me, this story has been a long time coming. it was so much harder to write than b&h but i hope its worth it.

for those of you who are new, welcome! just dive in is a spin off from my other work brooks & hale. it's not necessary to read that first to understand the events of this story but if you do want to read them both, i'd recommend b&h before this what with the way the timeline plays out. totally not a shameless plug to go check out brooks & hale :')

first of all, if you have come here from b&h, i need to clarify there will be some switching up of timelines to make things work. in b&h, the main characters (brooks, hale, etc) are in year twelve and the characters featuring in this story (adam, reed, etc) are in year thirteen. just dive in is set in the next academic year from the events of b&h so technically, brooks, hale, etc would be in year thirteen while adam, reed, etc would be in university. however, for the sake of wanting just dive in to also be set in high school, we are imagining the same year groups as b&h; brooks, hale, etc are in year twelve and Adam, reed, etc are in year thirteen.

i hope that makes sense, let me know if there is still any confusion! of course, it doesn't really matter whether you understand the year groups or not, imagine they're whatever age you want lol, you just need to know that the events of just dive in are set in the next academic year from b&h even though the characters haven't changed year groups.

there will be profanity and drug use and mention of mental health regarding schizophrenia/panic attacks in this book, as well as reference to acts of a sexual nature (although the most explicit scenes don't go into descriptions of anything more than kissing cause ya gal is PG as of right now). just a warning for anyone who might want to avoid these topics.

that's pretty much all i have to say and so with that, i hope you enjoy!