{ loss }

Derek, Cora, Peter, Boyd and Athena were gathered around a table. In front of them lay dozens of sheets of paper: maps full of tiny writing, information about each of the alpha pack, data on all of the recent murders and where they took place. They were planning an attack, and they were going to give it everything they had.

"I know where they are!" Scott exclaimed, walking through the door and pausing slightly at the sight of all of them.

"Same building as the Argents, we know," Derek stated.

"Cora and I followed the twins," Boyd explained.

So while Athena had been sat awkwardly with two boys she hardly knew, Cora and Boyd had been out on a secret mission.

"Then they want you to know," Scott moved forward to see what was happening.

"Or more likely they don't care," Peter corrected.

"What is this?" Scott frowned.

"Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming, coming up with a coup de main, better known as a pre-emptive strike. 

"So you're going after them?"

"Tomorrow." Derek said, "And you're gonna help us."

"We've already drawn you into the plan, so you can't back out." Athena added. 

"I don't see why," Cora mumbled, as if the whole room couldn't hear her.

"They're one floor above them in the penthouse, right above allison," Derek said, Athena still didn't understand how they appeared to be on good terms with Argents. Every single one of them was worth less than the gum under her shoe as far as Athena was concerned.

"So kill them first? That's the plan?" Scott asked unhappily.

"They won't even see it coming," Boyd said.

"Why is the default plan always murder? Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?"

"Because if we don't kill them, they'll kill us," Athena said quietly.

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you? Not that I disagree with him." Peter said, surprising Athena, she thought he'd be all for killing them after hearing about his murder spree last year.

"I do," Cora inputted, "Why do we need this kid?"

"This kid helped save your life. And you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move," Derek reasoned.

"You can't beat a pack of Alphas." Scott said surely.

"That's why we're going after Deucalion, just him," said Cora

"He might act all tough, but without his little henchmen doing the dirty work for him, he's nothing," Athena stated.

"Don't underestimate him, Athena, he's in control of them for a reason," Peter said, Athena shot him a glare.

"Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies," Boyd said.

"Only this isn't a snake, it's a Hydra. And like Scott says, they're all alphas."

"Deucalion's still the leader," Derek argued.

"Lets hope so, because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the Hydra?" 

"Two more grew back in its place," Scott answered.

"Somebody's been doing their summer reading," Peter smirked.