7 Digits

After Niall had taken notice of my mild sarcasm when I told him how hard he must have it, he took me to a place with a lot of people, holding my hand as we weaved through the crowd. His hood was over his entire head and he wore sunglasses to cover the rest of his face. There were girls around my age everywhere, and when we got to the center of the crowd where there was a lot more vacant space, we stopped.

"You see this?" he said, motioning to the people around us. "This is crowded, right?"

I shrugged and smirked at him. He grinned back, brought me closer to his body, and whispered,"then watch this," into my ear.

He took off his hood, then his glasses, and shouted, "ONE DIRECTION! "

A couple heads turned and looked away, but one group of girls started becoming hysterical. Then they went over to some other people and pointed, getting their phones out as well.

I raised an eyebrow. "It's not that bad, they haven't tackled you or anything."

He shook his head. "No... not yet. We should probably go."

He was right, too. It wasn't bad at first, but given the ten minutes we had to get out of the crowded street and into the park, a couple more groups, maybe fifty girls altogether, were coming from different directions and came running to us.

I let out a tiny 'oh' and made an apologetic face for Niall. "I very much underestimated this."

But he just grabbed my hand, and told me to run, his grin faltering. "One more thing?"he said.

"Yea?"

He swallowed hard. "I'm claustrophobic."

He never struck me as a person with fears, but here he was, freely uncovering his phobias with me, of all people.

"You'll be okay." And I grabbed his hand and we bolted away until we were back at the diner. We burst through the doors, giggling the whole way.

I saw the time; it was almost four o'clock. Had I really spent 3 hours with him? Was that all? It seemed like ages... but in the best of ways.

"I should go,"I said regretfully. "Thanks for that, I had a good time."

I started to walk away, and then I heard him laugh. I turned to see him shaking his head at me.

I gave him a curious smile. "What?" I asked slyly.

He only grinned at me more and took a pen out of his pocket. "Can I see your arm?"

I extended my head toward his body and he wrapped his fingers gently around my elbow and wrote.

5924941.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he mimicked me. "Goodbye, Talia. I had a great time, as well." And he winked and leftbout the doors, putting his hood up again and his glasses over his ocean eyes. I looked back down at his number and couldn't control the silly grin that popped onto my face.

"Goodbye... Niall."