The New Girl

Tessa POV:

1 month and 5 Chessa videos later, 'Chessa' is still going strong. I think Emilio might be mad at me, just because I listen to Jake. I don't know why Jake couldn't have just had the talk with Emilio instead of me, then he'd understand.

...

I was awaken from my nap by a knock on the door, I went and opened it, great a fan! "Hey, I'm the newest member of Team 10!" The girl with wavy blonde hair said to me.

What?! I don't remember having a meeting about a new team member. Did Jake just welcome her in spite? I did what he wanted.

"What's your name?" I asked but still haven't let her in. "Liz." After I don't say anything because I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is happening, she starts getting uncomfortable. Her dark green eyes looking to the side and everywhere but my eyes. "May I come in."

"Yeah." I widen the door and step aside so she could walk in. "Jake, Liz is here." "Great!" I hear from upstairs, Jake comes running down. Once they start talking, I leave. I'm getting kind of paranoid, first I have to break up with Emilio, second I'm not even invited to the team meeting to discuss the probability of welcoming a new member. Great.

Emilio POV:

Tessa comes into my room, I really don't feel like talking to her, we haven't had an actual conversation since we were forced to end things. I'm still kind of mad she chose Jake over our relationship.

"Did you know about Liz?" Tessa said sort of angry. "No." I say then get back to editing my video, I could really care less about whatever Tessa is talking about.

"The new member of Team 10?" I furrow my brow at that statement but don't look up from my computer, "There's a new member?" "Yeah, why were not aware of this?!" "I don't know, I don't-" I stop mid sentence, just forget it. "You don't what, Emilio?" "Nothing." She leaves after that.

I think she's just mad over nothing, so what if there's a new team member? It's Jake's decision anyway.

...

I walk downstairs, yep, there she is, a new member. "Hey, I'm Liz." The girl says, she's a little taller than Tessa. "Emilio." I say, opening the fridge. "Is that Tessa girl okay?" Liz asks me as I open the pickle jar.  "Like I would know." "Everything okay between y'all?" "Ask Jake. "What?" "Nothing." I grab my pickle, put the jar up, and walk out. I need a nap.

Tessa POV:

Liz comes into my room, with her bag. "Hey roomie." She says as she drops her bags down. Now Jake assigned her as my roommate?! I don't know how much more of this I can take.