Dumb Brit

Finn's POV

I finally got to 1st period. Mr. Heaton is my teacher and he teaches science which is probably my least favorite subject in the world. I'd rather eat a sewing needle than be in this class. Actually, I'd rather eat two sewing needles than be here at school everyday.

Anyways, I got to class and my friend Gaten Matarazzo, I call him toothless because his two front teeth are missing, was sitting way in the back of the classroom. I thought that was weird because he usually sits in the front row and I sit in the back row. What was even weirder was that he was sitting in my seat. I even wrote my name on the top right corner of the desk so people know it's my seat and my desk. You call it childish, I call it ownership.

I walked up to my desk that Gaten was sitting at. He was resting his head on it. I slammed my hand on the desk right next to his head and he sat up straight. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head at him. "What the hell Gaten! You know this is my seat!" I stated. He sighed and looked down at the desk. "Mr. Heaton said I had to give up my seat for the new student." He said looking back up at me.

I tilted my head to the side. New student? Who moves schools in the middle of the year? Well it's technically December, but still, that's weird. Maybe they got kicked out of their old school because they were bad. Finally another bad guy. Maybe we could team up and prank people. Yeah that would be nice. "Finn." Gaten said pulling me out of my thoughts.

I look down at Gaten, his eyebrow is raised and I keep a stern look. "So, we have a new student. What do you know about him. Is he bad like me? Do you think he got kicked out of his last school?" I question. I'm very interested in this new student. I would love to have an accomplice. Gaten shook his head and rest his arms on my desk.

" I don't even know if it's a guy or not. It could be a girl." Gaten said that last statement with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and stood up straight. "Well, where the hell am I supposed to sit, toothless?" I ask. Gaten scoffed and rolled his eyes. He hates it when I call him that. "I don't know. Ask Mr. Heaton." He said. I sighed and walked up to Mr. Heaton who was at the front of the classroom writing something in a notebook.

I flash a fake smile at Mr. Heaton as he looks up at me. He adjusts his glasses and narrows his eyes at me. "Mr. Wolfhard." He sighs out. I roll my eyes and start tapping my foot. "Yeah, hi, uh where am I supposed to sit if Gaten is in my seat?" I ask with a hint of annoyance in my voice. Mr. Heaton sighs and looks around the room for an empty seat except for the one in the front of the classroom.

Mr. Heaton points to the desk behind that one and says. "You can sit behind that empty seat right there." His British accent is pretty thick and annoying. I raise a single eyebrow at him. I huff, turn around, and walk away from him to sit down in the seat behind the one the new student will be sitting in. I just hope they're not a nerd or anything and I hope we have something in common.

The bell rings and everyone is sitting down. Maddie Ziegler and some girl with glasses came in. She looked familiar, but I can't remember who she is. Maybe she's the new student? She doesn't look like a rebel or maybe she's hiding it. Maddie takes her seat and Mr. Heaton approaches the girl with a smile. "Hello there Millie." He greets. She smiles wide. "I'm Mr. Heaton, your new science teacher." He adds.

I roll my eyes as I continue to watch Millie and Mr. Heaton shake hands. "Hello." She says shyly. Even her voice is annoying. Wait a minute, is she British? God she looks so familiar. Where have I seen her before? I can't see her face right now because she's facing away from me to talk to the teacher. I can see the back of her head though and her hair, I've seen someone with that same hair. Same length, color, and style. But where.

Mr. Heaton stands up from behind his desk and next to Millie. She turns around and faces the class. My eyes widened. I know where I've seen her before. She's that dumb Brit from yesterday. The girl that lives in the house next to me who was being a crybaby about my music. Oh god, she lives next door to me. "Oh for Christ sakes!" I yell out without even realizing it.

Some students around me snicker while Mr. Heaton and Millie look at me. She drops her smile and her eyes widened. I think she recognizes me. Well this is awkward, now we're just staring at each other. Mr. Heaton clears his throat and speaks up. "Alright class, this is Millie Brown and she's our new student." Millie looks away from me and around the room. "Millie, why don't you sit down there in the front." Mr. Heaton says.

Millie nods and sits down in the chair right in front of mine. I watch her every move to make sure she doesn't do anything weird. She seems pretty shy though. I still think she's annoying. This class just got worse too. "Mr. Wolfhard." Mr. Heaton says which snaps me out of my daze. I look up at him and tilt my head. "Do you mind if Millie borrows a pencil from you?" He asks.

I roll my eyes and sigh as I lean down to my backpack and get out a pencil. I get the pencil and hold it out for her to take. She grabs the pencil, not yet taking it from me. "Thank you." She says with a slight smile. I nod my head and she takes it. Millie turns around in her seat.

----------------------------------------------

I started school yesterday and I didn't really have a lot of time to write this yesterday. They're interacting with each other now WHOO!

Btw I'm sorry if I offered someone with the title of this chapter. I love British people and it's just a title. Keep in mind that Finn is a jerk.❤️❤️