Two Familiar

Get it? Part 2 of the last chapter? GET IT!?
-------------------
Millie's POV

I sat at lunch with my backpack on my back listening to whatever Noah was rambling on about. I didn't care what he was saying, after lunch I was gonna ditch. My dad said that it's okay for me to break the rules a bit, but my mom freaking punished me for cursing out Mr.Heaton and kicking Iris in her stomach. She deserved it for being such a b word to Finn.

I noticed Finn has become more soft. He's not the tough guy I fell in love with. Fell in love? What the hell Millie, chill! "Millster?" Maddie said snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at her with a raised eyebrow. "So did you break your glasses or something? It's just I noticed you haven't been wearing them lately." She furrows her brows at me.

I roll my eyes with a scoff while shaking my head. "There not real you know. I just wore them because I thought they looked cool." I stated blandly. Noah gasped annoyingly loud. "So you're not gonna wear them anymore?" He asked. I snapped and stood up from the table. "No, Noah! Stop talking about the glasses!" I shouted causing the cafeteria to grow silent. I stomped out of the cafeteria and away from the pair.

I decided to leave the school early. Maybe I'll go into town and hang around there by myself till school ends. I heard someone running from behind me while shouting my name. "Millie, wait!" I turn around and see Finn jogging towards me slightly out of breath. He caught up to me and looked down at my backpack hanging effortlessly from my left shoulder then into my eyes. "Why do you have your backpack?" Finn questioned.

I smirk while looking at the curly haired boy through my lashes flirtatiously. "No reason." I answered softly. Finn looked a bit flustered so I giggled and placed my hand on his upper arm. "Oh Finn, you're such a cutie!" I exclaim. He swallowed nervously.

We heard a teacher yell for us to get back to the cafeteria. I swiftly grabbed Finn's hand and ran for the school doors. We ran out and over the horizon to get off of school property. I hunched over breathing heavily with a smile on my face. "Boy, that was a rush!" I said. Finn leaned his back on the school fence with his hands over his heart.

I stood up straight and admired his exhausted state. The way his locks looked tangled with the chains of the fence. How his chest looked while he breathed rapidly, also trying to steady his breathing. The sweater he wore made his shoulders look wider and his arms appear stronger. "Millie?" He says.

I stare into his dark brown eyes, waiting for him to continue. "Um, wh-where are your glasses?" Finn asked with a crack in his voice. I rolled my eyes and groaned in annoyance. "Why is everyone so obsessed with the disappearance of my glasses!?" I shout in anger, startling the boy. I sigh and take off my backpack then unzip it to retrieve my fake glasses.

I place them in Finn's hand aggressively then zip up my backpack. "If you're so obsessed with them, why don't you keep them. They're not real." I said, annoyance clear in my voice as I put the strap of my backpack on my shoulder again. Finn unfolds the glasses and put them over his eyes, letting them rest on the bridge of his nose.

My expression softened as I looked at the freckle faced boy. He looked familiar, too familiar. Something that I would see in a mirror every morning before school. Finn pushed the glasses up the bridge of his nose to prevent them from slipping. That really freaked me out. "How do I look?" He asked nervously. I parted my lips to say something, but couldn't speak. The way he made me feel was like no other.

I took a step closer towards him and placed my hands on his shoulders. I felt him tense up but relax once I closed my eyes and leaned my face closer to his. Before our faces could even touch, I heard the devil herself screeching my name. "Millie!" I pushed my self away from Finn and directed my attention towards Iris who was angrily stomping towards us.

"You're lucky my boyfriend is to much of a man to come kick your ass!" She yelled as she got closer to me. I bawled my fist and clenched my jaw. "Are you too scared that I'll hurt you, Iris? Is that why you ran off to get your little boy toy?" I taunt. The blonde scoffs and crosses her arms. "You think I'm scared of some dumb little gir-" before she could finish her sentence I wrapped my arm around her throat and put her in a headlock. She gasped for air as I tightened my grip.

"If you try to mess with me again, I'll choke you till you're brain pops out. Do you understand?" I whisper to her. She coughs and gags desperately for air. "Screw you." She yelps. I tightened my grip and I no longer hear her breathing, but she was still conscious, unfortunately. "Say you understand! Say it!" I scream in her ear as I slowly let go of her so she can talk. "I understand." She says lowly.

I grin and push her off of me. She lands on the ground gasping for air. I step over her and grab Finn's hand again. I walk away from Iris with a smirk on my lips, Finn trailing behind me. I felt very proud of myself. I hope Iris learned her lesson. "Oh my god, I can't believe you really just did that! I mean I'd never expect it from you of all people! You really could have killed her back there!" Finn rambled, amazed.

I stop walking once we're far away from the school. I turn around to face the curly haired boy with a smirk. "Where did you learn to do all of that?" He questions. I shrug. I honestly don't know where that came from, I was just angry and wanted to shut her up. I'm glad that Finn finds it amusing.

My phone rings and I pull it out of my back pocket to check the caller ID. I groan, it's my mother. She's gonna kill me. I press the answer button and hold the phone up to my ear. "Millie speaking." I greeted. She went off.

"Where are you!? A teacher said they saw you running out of school with that Wolfhard boy! I told you to stay away from him, he's bad news! Do you not see what he's turned you into!? That son of a-" I hung up the call before she could finish then stuffed my phone back in my pocket. Finn cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair. It made my stomach feel weird, seeing his long skinny fingers run through his soft curly hair.

"So, what do we do now?" He asked. I grinned at him.

-------------------

*whipimonwinterbreak*

Happy Holidays

How was your day/night?

P.S. I hope you all caught that stranger things reference I made up there.