Preface

"He's... absolutely hideous. How could I have birthed such a monster?! How could I have birthed such a failure?" a new mother with strawberry blonde hair wailed at the hospital staff.

After taking away the brand new baby boy, the nurses tried to calm down the frantic woman. When they read over his birth certificate, they were disgusted to find the name Phail Of Rivers. Though unique, no one could fathom how terrible the poor child's life would be.

"Miss, are you sure you want this to be his name?" A male nurse glanced at Ms.Rivers.

"YES," she shrieked at the nurse who dared to question her.

All the hospital staff were surprised to find not a single health problem. He was the first child the hospital had ever seen without any problems. So the staff decided to call him Phail the Miracle Child.

Returning home three days later, Ms.Rivers hardly paid any attention to him except for feeding and changing when absolutely necessary. The poor silver eyed child had to stay in his old, ragged, rat eaten bassinet. The one that his great grandfather used and should probably be in a museum by now.

Phail was left to his own devices, so he started seeing things. Because of his imaginations, Phail hardly cried, or made any sound for that matter. He was every new mother's dream baby, but his mother couldn't look past the fact that he's a forbidden hybrid. She refused to see what a wonderful child he was.

She was even more upset when his hair grew in, for he had the purest of colors. His hair was pure white. With the combination of his white hair and silver eyes, he looked too pure for such a filthy world. He was truly an angel's son.