3

At the beginning of an eight year old child's year as a third grader, this hospital welcomed another of his siblings, Ray Silver Rivers. Phail, beaten and bruised, welcomed his new brother with open arms just as he had for his now three year old brother Kai. Ray had the darkest hair imaginable with eyes so light in color they appeared to be silver.

Unlike Kai, Ray was a hybrid. Their mother didn't like Ray being a hybrid, but at least he wasn't a forbidden hybrid like Phail. Ray was half human, half demon.

Phail loved his brothers equally, but Ray hated him. From birth, Ray knew they were supposed to be enemies. Being the angel he was, Phail refused to see his brother as his enemy.

Only a year after Ray's birth, their mom and Ray's demonic father got divorced with the demon handing all rights of his progeny over to the whore. Ray found happiness in ripping out the nine year old Phail's hair and Phail was happy that his brother was happy doing so. Their mother blamed her angel hybrid for her divorce, but it was simply that the demon didn't want to be tied down to a son any longer.

Around the time of winter break, the fourth grader Phail's imaginary voices became more distinct, and appeared as actual people with bodies he could touch and feel. He didn't know it at the time, but they were his angelic family. No one but Phail and other angel hybrids could see them, so people started questioning his sanity.

Ms.Rivers pulled Phail from school saying she'd homeschool him. In reality she taught him how to cook for everyone, the route to Kai and Ray's daycare, how to clean the house, and how to do their laundry. He went from equal citizen to slave in only a week.

Along with doing a parent's job, he was beaten nightly by his mother and occasionally by her one night stands. Kai hated having to watch his older brother go through so much pain. The four year old wanted to do something to make him, the golden child, disgusting in his mother's eyes.