Chapter 3: Our Story

I remember the day I met Finnick.

Flash Back

It was a day with no clouds in the sky, and it was perfect weather to swim in.

I was about seven, and I was going to the beach. I brought my swimsuit and my string. I planned on making a net. I walked down the road, kicking up as much dirt as I could.

I finally arrived at the beach. I got out my string, and began making knots. That's one of the good things about District 4. The children learn the art of fishing when they are young, so that the elders can retire earlier. I continued on my knots, and continued my thoughts.

I saw a boy, he was probably about nine, who was fishing with a old, crummy net. I looked down at my now completed net, all nice and new and clean. That's when I made my decision.

"Hello! Do you want a better net?" I called to him. He looked up.

"Um, sure! I could use one!" He shouts back. He starts walking over to me.

"My name's Finnick. Finnick Odair. What's yours?" He asked, just as he reached the spot I was standing in.

"My-my name's Annie Cresta," I manage to reply.

"Well, thank you Annie Cresta. I'll remember to return the favour someday," he says, winking. Then he runs down the beach.

End Of Flash back

Somehow, we ended up friends. Before the arena. With blood. Lots of blood. Head. Axe. Rod. String. Die. Screams. Screams. Black.