{2} The Family

After Zayn dropped me off at home, it was 2:30 A.M.

I quietly walked up the stairs to my over priced home, but even how overpriced it is, the stairs still creek.I hurried up so no one would hear me, and successfully made it in my room safely.I kicked off my shoes and plopped down on my bed, slightly dozing off. When I started falling deeper in sleep, a knock woke me up.I huffed and realized I was still in my small black dress and sloppy make up covered my face.

I ran to my closet and yelled, "Just a minute!"I pulled out a pink sweat shirt and white sweat pants and tossed it in my bed.

"Katherine, just open the damn door!" My sister yelled. "Just wait a second!" I yelled.

I pulled off the dress and placed the selected clothing on. I threw the dress in the closet, knowing Kim would be mad that I borrowed her dress. I pulled out makeup remover wipes and wiped my eyes and mouth.

Just as I was throwing the wipes away, she stormed in.

"Katherine..."

"Kimberly..." I mocked

"Don't call me that." she grumbled. "Then don't call me Katherine."

"What the hell were you doing?" she loudly whispered. I smirked and sat on my bed. "Kim, I'm surprised you said such naughty words." I raised an eyebrow and continued. "You okay?" I asked. "I'm f*cking fine Katherine." Her eyes narrowed as she sat next to me. "That's three in one day, looks like little Ms. Perfect isn't so perfect." I teased. "Why are you still up? We're you out again?" She raises an eyebrow. "Maybe," I smiled. "But I didn't drink much." I said as I stood up to get my brush. "Well I had to cover for you, again." "Thanks...?" I asked as I brushed my hair. "Yeah, you're welcome, but you owe me." She said as she turned to leave my room. "What? I asked getting impatient.

"My dress." She yanked my door open and pulled it out.

+

+

The next morning I woke up with a pounding head ache and the bright sun shining in my small room.

Ugh.

I slowly lift my body off of my bed and pulled the purple curtains together.When I turned around I almost jumped at the messiness of my hair, so I decided to brush it into a pony tail.

As I walk down stairs I heard mumbling and the mention of my name, so being my nosey self, I decided to listen.

"How was your mom?" Kim asks.

"Fine, she had to be put on more meds." a deep voice says.

Niall.

"Well that's good. Did she seem better last night?"

"Yeah, I got there around 7 and decided to sleep on the couch and finally left this morning."

What the actual hell? He was at the bar...right?

"You are so sweet Ni, I love you." she smiles and gives him a kiss.

Yuck.

"I just really want her to be okay, ya know?" he softly spoke.

Well what the hell is wrong with his mother?

"I know, when my mom died I was not prepared, but at least you're talking to her and stuff." I know she is already getting upset, when I hear small sniffles come from her.

"I'm sorry, I'm just thinking of the affect it had on our family. Katherine wont show she's hurt, but I know she is." she says.

She really has the nerve to say I'm hurt, how she thinks I feel. Who the hell does she think she is?

"I bet she is, it must be hard to deal with that."he said still engulfed in her hug.

So Niall is lying to her, when really he was at the bar with me, helping me find those damn keys.

I'm pretty much done listening to this bull sh*t of a sob story.

"Hey Kim, Niall" I grinned walking past them.

"Gross Katherine, you smell like sweat and alchahol." he remarks."Oh and you don't." I shot back. As soon as I see him get pale I know i've caught him off guard, good.

He glared at me as I walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and Advil. Right as I was about to swallow I saw a figure appear in the entry way.

"Katherine...." Kim wined.

"For the love of God Kim, call me that one more time, and I will not hesitate to,"

"What? Do what?" she pushes.

All I really want to slap her in the f*cking face but I decide not to, so I take this lovely glass of water and ya know.....

"Oh my God, Kat!" she screams as she wipes her wet face. "What?" I chuckled. "Ugh, you're such a kid! Why can't you grow up, and handle things correctly, cause you're gonna have to!" by now I have lost my smile. Everyone tells, well told me to grow up. It kept getting so tiring, so I did. I honestly didn't want to deal with my nagging sister, so I walked away. "Why are you so difficult?" I hear her shout, but I keep walking away.

"Kat.." I hear Niall speak.

"Yes?" I respond impatiently.

"Thanks, you know, for not telling." He softly spoke. scratching the back of his neck. I think about snapping at him, and taking my anger out on him, but I don't.

"No problem." I grin and head up stairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SUPRISE!!!!

It started to work early!!!

Yes, a short chapter, but I'm writing little parts at a time for a reason.

So bare with me :)

But I will make the next chapter super duper eventful ;)

~n a t a l I e