Chapter 1: A different night.

I think I'm the only girl carrying a backpack in the middle of a party. I'm clearly the last person who would find herself in this situation on a Saturday night. I am not a fan of the parties and I don't fit much with this type of events.

Why am I not trying to socialize? I'm not good at it. Being shine is a big obstacle.

What's the fun of this for them? At least for me fun is staying home, reading something, maybe watching a movie, studying or maybe seeing my best friend Cassie. Ah! By the way Cassie is the reason why I'm here.

My friend Cassie has discovered what she calls "the teen pleasure". During these months puberty has changed her physically which has attracted the attention of the boys. Puberty hit me too but didn't help much, though my boobs grew but I try my best to hide them in big sweaters.

We share things in common with Cassie, but she has changed and now she even consumes alcohol! Well I do it too; sometimes when we want to get wild with Marcel we drink one beer.

I spotted Cassie, she's chatting with some girls outside in the backyard. For a moment I don't recognize her, she mimics with the other girls as she is also wearing tight dress, hair straightened and high heels.

I make my way to the kitchen, it's hard to walk because the house is so full of people. According to me there are like 80 people here and I don't know why the neighbors haven't called the police yet.

Marcel bet I wouldn't come. To keep me here Cassie promised, as a last resource to convince me, that she would buy a book to me if I came with her. So we all won.

"Hey, you freak!" I hear a female voice, she sounds angry. "I'm talking to you four eyes!"

"Hm...what?" I ask confused, coming out of my thoughts.

I look back at the kitchen entrance. The beautiful and dumb Ashley Green is looking at me and she's pissed. She can't stand me, she actually hates me and is mutual.

"Pass me a beer, freak."

Not even a "please", sounds more like an order. Although in the rich club called Diamanti (for mothers and daughters) that we both attend this is the way they tend to treat me, rude and disrespectful...but we are not in the club! I won't be her slave.

"No," I answer, crossing my arms.

I said it trying to sound angry but my voice comes out weak. I'm so pathetic. 

 Ashley looks at me like I've grown a second head, her expression of surprise changes and then her face is twisted with anger.

"What did you say to me you freak?" She asks, approaching me. "Alicia will find out about this!

Alicia? Oh Shoo.t!

She stand in front of me, a murderous look shines in her blue eyes. Is she going to try to slap me? If she does, I should slap her back.

"Hey! What's up, Ashley?" We hear a male voice behind us. It's a hoarse, slow voice. It even sounds sensual.

My eyes take off from Ashley and land on the third person. Oh, no. I freeze where I am.

The blond girl turns to him. "Hiii, Harry! Great party, huh?"

She adopts a different posture, more flirty and innocent, nothing like the Ashley of seconds ago. Her index finger starts playing with her hair. She clears her throat before she talks.

"I-I came for a beer," she stammers. "We should drink one t-together."

She sounds so nervous, I can tell because now she is strongly twisting her lock between her fingers.