Sunshine ~Handsome Jack X Reader~

His voice was oddly soothing. I had never heard him sing, so it kind of caught me off guard. He had started with humming before going to singing. "The other night  dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreamed I held you in my arms. But when I woke, dear, I was mistaken, so I hung my head and I cried." He gently kissed the top of my head as we laid together. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

He hummed as we danced. We were alone, so he wasn't afraid to sing. "I'll always love you and make you happy, if you will only say the same. But if you leave me and love another, you'll regret it all someday." His soft voice carried through the room, putting me in a relaxed state. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

Things had started going wrong between us. I went to check on Jack and heard him singing alone. "You told me once, dear, you really loved me and no one else could come between. But now you've left me and love another. You have shattered all my dreams." I brought my hand up to my face. I actually hurt him. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

I was on my knees and set his head so it was resting in my lap. I didn't care about the blood getting on my pants. "In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me. When I awake, my pour heart pains. So when you come back and make me happy, I'll forgive you, dear, I'll take all the blame." My voice was breaking as I sang. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away." I let the tears fall from my eyes.

He was gone. I couldn't take anything I did back. He died, thinking I didn't love him anymore.

"I love you, Jack. I really do." I whispered.