Chapter Three: This is it!

Delphine POV

I opened the door and the scent of vanilla hit me first. I looked around and found Cosima hunched over by the coffee table and lighting a candle. She heard me come in and she looked up before standing straight.

Mon Dieu, she looked really beautiful. She was wearing her favorite maroon dress with a scarf handing around her neck. I never knew eclectic fashion style could be this sexy, but then again, it's Cosima. Everything about her seemed to turn me on.

I scanned my eyes around the apartment. There were lit candles in every nook and cranny while the soft tune of piano instrumental played subtly in the background. The whole place looked so neat and it couldn't have complimented more perfectly with the apartment's mix of hipster/minimalistic interior design--a compromise we both made to make our place even more familiar--more like home. But tonight, our 'love nest', as Cosima so eloquently put it once, looked so special and magical and it made the whole ambience feel very romantic I could almost cry.

"Hey! Welcome home," Cosima greeted happily, giving me a cheshire grin as happiness and pure longing were evident in her eyes, and I knew it matched the ones in mine.

Home.. It felt so good to have Cosima as my home.

I couldn't help myself anymore. I dropped my suitcase on the floor and rushed towards her. She immediately understood what I was thinking and opened her arms while meeting me halfway. We pulled each other in a tight embrace and she put her arms around my neck and mine around her waist. "God. I missed you, ma chérie," I whispered against the crook of her neck, inhaling the sweet scent that is purely Cosima while conveying the emotions we both felt by the way our bodies collided, molding perfectly like we were made for each other.

"Same here, babe." Cosima murmured while her face was buried under my golden curls.

I pulled away slightly and stared at her beautiful hazel eyes which were sparkling and glistening amidst the candlelight. She had never looked more beautiful in my eyes. I noticed her gaze lowering slightly and I quickly understood. I bit my bottom lip to wet it and immediately crashed it onto hers, kissing her passionately. All the pent up emotions and longing for each other bursting like a breaking dam as my lips moved against hers in perfect sync we have been so familiar with. I couldn't get enough of this, and it was obvious that neither could she, as she met my kisses with equal passion. Her luscious lips were so soft and tasted like honey, and I was a bee intoxicated by her sweet nectar.

A small moan escaped my lips as she grazes her tongue across my bottom lip. I slightly parted them allowing her entrance, and I felt her deepen the kiss and slid her tongue inside my mouth, devouring me whole. Jesus! I could kiss this woman forever! I'm in love with her and everything about her, from how her mind was stubborn to how kind her heart is and how brilliant her mind is under that dreadlocked head of hers.

Cosima, out of nowhere ended the kiss and pulled away from tangling her tongue with mine, leaving me groaning and panting to catch my breath. She chuckled at my reaction. "As much as I would love to kiss you all night, we can't," she said, giving me yet another cheeky grin of hers which made me want to lean in and kiss it off her lips. "At least not yet."

I frowned at this, tilting my head to the side as I pouted.

Cosima giggled and shook her head. She held my hand and led me to the kitchen where the dining table was set up in a romantic setting. I gasped upon seeing the lengths she went through just to surprise me. "You did all of this for me?" I asked, my free hand holding my chest as I felt overwhelmed and gratified by all this.

Cosima gave me a goofy grin while watching my reaction and nodded. "Yeah--I mean no." I looked at her and lifted my eyebrows, urging her to continue. "Full disclosure; the sestras helped me with all these," she gestured the whole apartment. "I hope you liked it."