Chapter 5. Promo Girl

I’m heading back to my hotel room after my meeting with Jake Burton and the Sales team, turns out they want me to be the promo girl for a new Burton summer line that they have coming up. They are naming it the Bondi line, it’s all beach inspired, and the pieces are amazing. Within the next few days they want to take some practice shots and then after the games they’ll be sending me off to Costa Rica for the shoot. How exciting!

I finally reach my room when my phone begins to ring. It’s my Mum.

“Mum! Hello!” I quickly answer

“Liv, you’ve made it there safe! How was the flight? And how is the hotel?” she asks

“The flight was long and boring and as for the hotel it’s very nice, I can’t wait for the rest of you to arrive,” I say. My family was coming over a couple of days before qualifiers to watch me compete.

“I know we are all pretty excited but packing is becoming stressful,” she says

“Guess what! I’m going to be the promo girl for burtons new summer line!” I exclaim squealing a little.

“Oh my gosh, that’s great! “ she exclaims

Mum and me continue our conversation for a good hour or so until I look at the time it was now well after 3 and I was meant to be meeting my coach Isaac. I apologize to mum and get my gear on, grab my board and I’m out the door.

Marks POV

Craig and me were up on the hill, mainly focusing on a big kicker. We weren’t being overly serious just practicing some methods; my more intense training was going to begin in a couple of days once we had access to the slopestyle course. I had just landed a triple and was making my way back up to Craig when I noticed someone flying down the hill at a ridiculous pace, with a skier following fairy close behind him or her. They were heading for the kicker and weren’t slowing down, they went up the ramp and pulled out a triple cork just like I had done, their style was flawless and graceful. They made it look like it was second nature to them. They were wearing a snow jacket in a light teal colour, white snowboard pants, Oakley goggles and a coral coloured beanie. Well there’s no doubt that this person was a she. I caught a glimpse of the bottom of the board it said BURTON in big pink letters, She landed effortlessly and slowed to a stop as she cheered. The skier came to a stop beside her and gave her a high five. Craig and me stood there in awe

“That was sick” said Craig moth gaping

I nodded in agreement, I had a suspicion of who the rider was. A moment later my suspicions were proved right when the rider moved her goggles to the top of her head.

There she stood Olivia White, she looked even better in snowboarding gear.. is that weird?

I must have been staring for a while because next thing I know she was standing right in front of us grinning from ear to ear.

“Oi! Are you going to just gawk at me all day or do you wanna race? She said in that oh so lovely accent of hers

"Lets do this." I reply accepting her challenge 

We both head to a T-bar lift and hop on together seeing as she rode in switch. We were close I liked it. I could feel her warmth, even though we were only just touching.

“I remember the first time I taught my brother to ride on one of these, it was entertaining to say the least,” she said with a laugh and I laughed with her.

She continued to tell me the story about her and her brother spending a good half an hour on one until he managed to stay on. I liked hearing about her stories, I liked learning more about her and it was clear that family was a big thing to her. Just like family was important to me as well.

“Well who’s the goof now?” she said teasingly, I had been looking at her without realizing it.. again. I felt my face go red and looked away

“you are still” I laughed.

“Whatever McMorris…” she said sticking out her tongue. We reached the end of the lift and sat down to the side of the slope we continued to flirt and joke around while we both adjusted our bindings.

“ready?!” I ask standing up quickly and extending a hand to the blonde

“you bet!” she said grinning as she let me pull her up. She adjusted her goggles and I pulled my own back over my eyes. We stood next to each other ready to go.

“on my mark… get set… go!” and with that we both shifted our weight forward and sped down the hill.

“your going to lose you know” she said as she crouched down a little lower gaining speed. And she was right, at this rate she would if I couldn’t keep up with her. I got lower and sped up we were now on par.

Craig’s POV

I was at the bottom of the slope with Liv’s trainer Isaac, he was a pretty cool dude. Really down to earth and easy to chat to. We had just gone to get some coffee and returned to the slope. At that moment I saw two figures speeding down the mountain, it was Mark and Liv. Mark was fast, faster than most but it seemed as though Liv was giving him a run for his money. She was ahead for a little bit, then he was in front and then they were on par.

“10 on Mark” I say to Isaac.

“Your on, Liv’s a little rocket, he’ll have a hard time beating her” he said as we shook on it.

“Your little Liv might be fast, but Mark is a McMorris.” I said confidently.

At this stage they were about two hundred meters away from finishing.

150 meters and mark was in the lead...

100 meters and Liv was in the lead..

50 meters and they are on par again..

Then out of nowhere a snowboarder cuts across the slope, clipping the back of Marks board, making him swerve right into Liv. The two fall and tumble for the rest of the way. All I can see is a mesh of teal, black, green and pink and pieces of gear flying everywhere. They stop in a pile ten meters away from us. Isaac and me begin to laugh hysterically, and run over to the two. Liv was stuck underneath Mark and they were both covered on snow. They were laughing. Thank god neither were hurt.

“Who won?” asked Liv out of breath.

“I think we should just call it a tie for now and that bet is off Craig.. seeing as they are both too clumsy to even finish a race” said Isaac. We all laughed but Mark and Liv looked more confused than anything . Mark got off Liv and proceeded to help her up.

“That guy came out of nowhere” said Mark brushing off the snow that had accumulated on his clothing.

“Yeah we saw, bit of a jerk move if you ask me” I said. With that we collected their lost gear and headed back to the resort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, so heres chapter 5. I know again it wasn't overly interesting, but I can promise you it will get interesting in the next chapter or so ;)

Also i just wanted to say that over here in Australia we say Mom as Mum. I know in a previous chapter when Mark was talking about his parents he said Mom. I just thought that seeing as Liv is Australian she should proabaly say Mum.. haha.

Anyway, let me know what you think. constructive criticism is welcome :)

Next chapter will be up soon!

Mim xxx