Chapter Three

Mike invited me to his house to do homework on Monday. I had a long hard weekend and he asked me about it several times and he finally put the pieces together and he got an angry look on his face.

When you see a guy who is older than you, with big muscular arms, who can out run any boy at a district track meet, has a black belt in karate and can do push ups with you sitting crosslegged on his back get mad, Its kinds scary looking.

He wrapped me in his large arms and held me there for a while. I could feel him breathing hard on the back of my ear. He pressed his lips to the back of my neck and tended remembering Saturday night. He stopped momentarily.

"Kayti, I wont hurt you like he did. I respect you. Just tell me when you want me to stop."

I trusted this guy so I relaxed and he went back to kissing my neck.

He turned me around and I fully kissed him. He was gentler than Mr. Lerkin and when I needed air, he knew just when I did.

He didn't use me or do anything I was uncomfortable with. He just held and kissed me. I may have once loved Mr. Lerkin and would have killed for him to kiss and hold me but Mike was so much more enjoyable. When I started getting tired, he stopped and finished my homework for me while I took a quick nap before my dad came to pick me up.

I trusted Mike so I slept. I would never sleep or even turn my back to Mr. Lerkin ever again. Not after he abused me.

Mike woke me up about seven o'clock and gave me my homework. He had not moved from the spot he was when I fell asleep. He had not touched me oor anything while I was so vulnerable. And I loved him even more for that.

Mike and I went to Mr. Lerkins office once that week just to pick up my results for drum major. All was normal like he was just a teacher. Which he was and that was the way it belonged.

"Omigosh!!!! I got first place and I'm continuing to state!!!"

"Good job!!!" He walked around his desk to give me a hug but before he could, Mike stepped in front of him and gave me a hug first. He then backed up and gave Mr. Lerkin a look and then led me back down the hallway.

"Thank you. I don't know If I could've dealt with that" I said.

" I'm here to protect you Kayti. If you ever need anything, just let me know."

"I love you Mike."

"Who doesn't???"

And then he kissed me. I am the luckiest girl in the universe!!!!!