The Somerton Man

This is really annoying that is hasn't been solved, but let's hop right in!

  In December of 1948, a man's body was found propped up against a stone wall on Somerton Beach, in Australia. This man had absolutely no identification, locals and law enforcement had no idea who this man was, and he is still to this day completely unknown!

   All of the tags on his clothes were cut off, but they were all found out to be American clothing companies, and he had things with him that were American, such as a comb. Lot's of random objects were found in his pockets, however, there was a hidden pocket in his pants, and in this secret pocket held a scrap of paper torn from the last page of an extremely rare book called The Rubaiyat Of Omar Khayyam. It was really strange because the only words  on the page were "Tamam Shud" which means, "It's finished." Very creepy.

   A man later admitted that he found the book this sheet of paper was torn from. He said he left his car parked near Somerton Beach overnight and the back window was rolled down, and he discovered the book in his backseat the next morning.

   Inside the book were really strange symbols, that would basically be impossible to decipher, along with a telephone number. Law enforcement tracked the number, and it belonged to a woman named Jessica Thompson, who lived extremely close to where the man's body was discovered. Locals claim the day before he was found dead he was seen at Jessica's door but Jessica denied ever knowing this man, and that she'd never seen him before. Obviously this was a huge red flag. She didn't come to the door, that's when he walked down to the beach.

Theories-
   • People believed he was a Soviet spy, and after Jessica died, Jessica's daughter came foward confessing that her mom most likely knew more about this man then what she told the police. The strange part is, her daughter actually believed her mom was also a former Soviet spy, and that her mom had an affair with this man. She firmly believes her half-brother is this man's son. The government would not test the DNA, however.

   So what do you guys think? I honestly have no idea what to think. Was it Jessica? Someone else? Hmm...let me know what y'all think and stick around for the next chapter!