The Murder Of Dorothy Arnold

Hey guys! I apologise for taking so long to publish this chapter, I've been having to get back into the school routine, as well as not really knowing who to publish about! That's kinda sad.
Anyways, without further ado, let's get into this long awaited chapter!
   In the early 1900s there was a woman by the name of Dorothy Arnold, who was very wealthy and was definitely considered the "upper class" of New York City. In 1910, she was shopping on 5th avenue, and that was last time anyone would ever see Dorothy. The only way we could've known what she was doing around her death was the small encounter she had with an acquaintance. She had around $30 in her pocket at the time, which was a crazy large sum of money in that time period, and it was going towards a dress she was going to buy to wear to her sister's party. The acquaintance had said that apparently Dorothy was saying she was going to take a shortcut through Central Park on her way home that day. She was said to had never walked through Central Park, but was going to that day. She was literally never ever seen again after that encounter. The weird fact of the matter is that her family didn't file a police report until a while after her death because they were afraid to jeopardise their "public image". Obviously they didn't want people to freak out, so they decided to hire private investigators, but since there was absolutely no trace of her disappearance, they finally gave up and went to the police, a MONTH after her disappearance.
   There are a few conspiracies about where she could be now and how she went missing and her death but none of them really add up or make any sense to me so I decided to not put them in. Definitely feel free to look them up if you're interested! So let me know what you think about this one, it's super strange how she just up and disappeared like that without any trace, but anyways, make sure you stick around for the next chapter!