Impatience

I stop and pull over to the side, Dakota just turns to face me.

"What's the matter?" Dakota asks.

I rub my arm, ever since he slammed my whole entire body on a table my shoulders and arms had been bothering me. I ignore him but he grabs my shoulders.

"My body hit a table...." I hint, he rolls his eyes.

"You annoyed the shit out of me when you fought back." Dakota said with a shrug. What an ass.

"You're such a gentleman." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I don't do that prissy, sappy, prince charming shit." He said with another shrug, I'm surprised at how strong he is when he's just an average male.

"I know, I don't expect that from anyone..." I said, trying to take a glimose at his faded scar. But I could see a tattoo of a skull with wings on his arm. His skin is pretty fair, almost pale. He wasn't one of those men who were on steroids or one of those shirtless models who have a eight or six pack, he was like one of those average men that many people found scary.

"Where did you get that scar?" I ask quietly, Dakota shrugs. I half expected him to be mad and snap at me.

"My Dad....I caught him beating on my sister....I fought him and he winded up punching me and I fell into the glass he shattered." Dakota said with a shrug.

"I'm sorry." I said, cursing myself for being nosy.

"I don't need any pity." He snaps, I slowly back away. So much for me trying to be nice....he relaxes his muscles then turns to face me.

"Where did you get those bruises?" He asks.

"I've been beaten up by some gang.....they turned out to be people who ate other people." I said, looking at the backseat only to see the sun setting and the leaves all over the street.

"What happened to them?" He asks.

"I don't know....probably dead." I said with a shrug.....they ate people....and whoever dared to disobey and not eat would die.....

"What happened to your parents?" Dakota asks, I close my eyes.

After that single question came a long silence. But I shrug, pinching the bridge of my nose and shook my head.

"Dead." I said, rolling over.

"You're not crying are you?" He asks, I shrug. Now he cares?

"So what if I am?" I ask, slightly giving him the guilt trip for asking me that question.

"I'm not good with crying people...." He admits.

"No wonder." I said icily.

"Look Avery....I'm going to be honest with you.....I don't sugarcoat shit. I'm not the greatest person you'll meet." Dakota said. I sit up, getting ready to start the car again. I keep driving.....I don't care if I'm tired.

"You're tired." Dakota said, I slow the car down, my eyelids grew heavy and I start to slowly blink.

"Move your ass." Dakota said, I stop the car.

"I'm driving." He said, I sigh and stopped the car, scooting over to the passenger's side as he walks around the car towards the driver's seat.

I sluggishly laid my head against the window.

"No trying to snap my neck while I'm sleeping?" I ask.

"Go to sleep Avery, if I were to kill you you'd already be dead." Dakota said with a careless shrug. He begins to drive. I slowly close my eyes.