Chapter 8

I wake up to smell of bacon

I wake up to smell of bacon. This is confusing, I usually have to make breakfast-

        My mind seems to finally register where I am, and the tension bleeds from my shoulders. I wouldn't be their slave ever again. I was with my new friends. My new friend, Sean. Who can't cook. Shit!

        I scramble out of the heavenly bed and fling open the door, running to the kitchen. Why didn't he just wait for me?! My thoughts of disaster disappear when the person making breakfast turns to watch my speedy entrance. This was not Dr. Sean. 

        His eyes were also green, but they were darker and shone with intelligence. He was taller than Meanie, and in-between Luke and Dr. Sean. His chocolate brown hair was highlighted under the kitchen lights. Black-rimmed glasses sat on his nose, creating a "nerd" aura, along with his hunter green button up shirt.  The problem was, I didn't know of any nerds with a six-pack, and by the look of him, that's what he was hiding under his shirt. I take a breath and try to do something other than drool over this stranger. 

        "Um. Sorry. I thought that Sean was cooking...so I was trying to stop the apocalypse." My hand reaches my mouth, my finger pushing at my lip. 

          Mr. Nerd just smiles at me kindly, " If I thought he was cooking, I would run too, though it would probably be away from him." 

His voice sounds familiar and a memory snaps into place. 

          I stand straight and point at him, " You're the guy with the rampant dog! Where'd you run off to?" 

          I immediately slap my hands over my mouth, wondering why I have to be this way. I mean I've heard that honesty was a virtue, but there was a limit, right? Fortunately for me, he is as easy to amuse as his friends, and I'm being laughed at for the umpteenth time. He calms himself down while I wallow in my embarrassment. 

           "It's Sang right? I really am sorry about Max, he just took off. I called Sean because I thought you might have a concussion. I wanted to be there when you woke up, but I had...something to do." His face is the perfect picture of an apology and I can't really be mad at him. 

            "Yeah, and you must be Kota? It's fine. It wasn't really anyone's fault, just bad timing." I smile at him, trying to convey the fact that I really wasn't mad. 

            "Yes, nice to-officialy- meet you. Well, can I make it up to you with some breakfast? Gabe was saying something about taking you shopping, so you'd probably better hurry." He turns back towards the stove, messing with what I assume to be the bacon. 

"Oh, but he really shouldn't-" 

             My protest is cut off when Kota turns around, "It's no use Sang. He's going to take you shopping. All of us have had to go through this multiple times. Take one for the team." He is trying to guilt trip me. To be honest though, conniving logic was better than him blinding me with his hotness. I'd had enough of that for a while.  

So I sigh, giving him a faux-irritated look, and go back to my room to change.

Kota has arrived! Sorry for the long wait guys, but thanks so much for all the support! Your comments and votes mean a lot to me. :)