c2

I yawned and squinted my eyes. My vision was blurry as I tried to look around. Then, my sleepiness wore off, and my sight adjusted.

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes before yawning again. I looked around the almost completely dark room until I noticed a figure to the far left.

"Look who decided to get up," an intimidating voice said, causing me to jump in fear.

Though I couldn't see the face of the person -because the lights were turned off and it was still night even though I felt pretty restful- I recognized the voice to be Nickolas Carter's.

He walked into the only light, which showed from the moon, in the room and stared at me with a creepy smirk on his face.

"Remember me?" Nick asked.

"Who could forget such a bad attitude?" I asked.

"If you thought I had a bad attitude during our little meet and greet, then you really shouldn't have tried to poison me," Nick said as he made his way closer to the bed. "My advice to you: don't find yourself experiencing my worst. You won't live through it. "

With that said, Nick began laughing. His voice echoed throughout the room, sending slight goosebumps on my arms. I tried to stand up but something pulled at my legs. I looked down only to see shackles.

Nick turned on the lights, and I closed my eyes to protect them before opening them and looking around.

I was in a big, black painted room. There was a couch and a dresser in the room. Those were the only furnitures -besides the bed I lay on.

"Welcome to the Nick Hotel. This is your room, ma'am," Nick said teasingly.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms.

"You can't keep me here! I'm not your property, " I argued.

"Oh, but you are. If your brother had stuck to the original deal, I wouldn't even be stuck with you," Nick argued.

"If you don't want me, then let me go," I tried to persuade.

"What fun is that? If you ever heard stories about me, and I'm sure you have, then you should know by now that I enjoy making people suffer. Why would I let you go so easily when I can use you as my little toy for the month," Nick smirked. "And who said I didn't want you?"

"You're sick," I spat.

"Nah, babe, I'm the flu that makes everyone sick," Nick disagreed.

"I'm not your 'babe', so don't call me that," I warned.

"Or what? What harm can you possibly cause?" Nick asked in a baby voice.

"Unlike my brother, I will fight you," I noted.

Nick chuckled before asking, "You wanna know the main problem we're gonna have?"

"Blow me away," I shrugged.

"My hitmen can do that for me," he joked.

"Great! I'm stuck with some lunatic," I mumbled.

"Our main issue will be dominance. You do not know me. You do not know what I am capable of. I dominate this entire town, city, and soon the world. I do not tolerate defiance,  and you seem like the rebel type, so let me explain this to you-" he said before I cut him off.

"Blah blah blah. That's where you're wrong. You do not know me. You do not know what I'm capable of. It makes no sense threatening me  because I fear no one," I argued.

It was a complete lie, and as his intense glare focused on me, I felt even more scared. I couldn't even look him in his eyes.

Probably findinf my coward behavior amusing, Nick chuckled and sat at the end of the bed.

"You will fear me even more by the time you leave this place," Nick promised. "Maybe if your brother had an attitude like you, I'd have more fun using him."

"Leave my brother out of this," I demanded. "You don't deserve to talk about him."

"I knew him longer than you though," he frowned.

"Are you really gonna sit here and argue that you know the person, who I happened to have lived with majority of my life, better than me?" I frowned.

I had lived in Jamaica with my grandparents for about 3 years when I was younger.

"You might have lived with him, but I've known him longer than you have," Nick argued.

"Wait, you've known my brother since he was a child?" I asked.

"Of course I do. I've known your brother since birth. We've been friends for 20 years straight, "Nick answered.

"I don't believe you," I noted.

"We were nearly brothers, but things happen, and bonds break. Just know that I knew your brother my whole life too, and I'm two years older than you, so yes, I knew him longer than you have," Nick informed.

"I don't think people who were 'nearly brothers' would have such hostile behavior towards each other," I argued in disbelief.

"It's a complicated relationship," Nick argued. "Enough story time. Join me for dinner."

"Are you gonna poison me as payback?" I asked.

Nick chuckled.

"I guess you'll have to find that out on your own," Nick smiled.

He took a key out of his pocket and unlocked the shackles.

"Don't try anything," he warned, but I was already brain storming my escape.